Campus Cutie: Han Chiu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Han Chiu

Year: First Year

Major: Undeclared

Hometown: La Jolla, California

Celebrity crush:

I don’t really have a celebrity crush… but do you know who Xufei is? She’s a Chinese singer, but I guess if I had to pick an American actress, Ellen Page.

Hobbies:

I like to play piano, fold origami, I like biking a lot, and I play a lot of sports (um soccer, lacrosse, basketball and volleyball)… That’s about it. Oh, I like to sleep. And I play a lot of League of Legends.

Cute face or smoking body:

Cute face. (Why?) Hmm… I don’t know. It’s generally just more attractive to me. I think cute faces are just cuter. Truthfully, the thing that draws me most to a girl is actually voice. I had a lot of long distance relationships, so physical features don’t become as important sometimes when you just want to hear her voice over the phone, and that means a lot more to you than how her face or body looks.

Favourite memory so far at UCLA?

The very first day when I first moved in, I didn’t actually see my roommates, but I saw that he had moved all his stuff in. So we talked to each other through [a piece of paper], writing to each other through that. So I guess my favourite memory was meeting my wonderful roommates, Miguel and Andrew. They’ve always been there for me, they’re like my brothers. We always mess around with each other too (laugh).

Ever have a funny story of where/when you got hit on?

Ohh I have a really funny story! There’s a gym I used to work out in in China. There was a rowing machine, and I would always do squats in front of that because there was a mirror. And when I was doing squats, there was this one guy who would always sit behind me and watch me while I was squatting, and I thought it was the most awkward thing in the world! One day in the shower rooms – you’re not really wearing anything in there you know? – once in the shower rooms the guy looks at me and says “nice butt.” And I’m just like “ah, thank you,” and just walked away. It was one of the most embarrassing things I did… true story.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

I’ve always wanted to visit more exotic areas like Tibet, or India, and I really want to go backpacking, maybe at some random place in Europe where it’s not highly populated.

Dream date?

There’s this really pretty place by my house, called Back Bay Loop, and it’s only accessible by bike. When you get there you can climb down a cliff to a beach area. At this beach area you swim around a cove and you end up in another sandy area. When the sun sets, dolphins will come swim close to us, and you don’t want to scare them off so you don’t jump in, but they swim right there. To take a girl there would be my ideal date; they call it Couple’s Cove actually, and not a lot of people know about it. 

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.