Andrew Wood (’14)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Name: Andrew Wood
Hometown: Summit, New Jersey
Major: Finance/Accounting
Relationship status: In a relationship
Birthday: December 9, 1991

Her Campus (HC): Besides keeping busy in the business school, what are you involved with on campus?
Andrew Wood (AW): I am a member of Sigma Nu fraternity and a part of a finance club … but I don’t really do anything for that. Also, I’m in Young Republicans.

HC: What is something that most people don’t know about you?
AW: I have 11 toes.

HC: No you don’t.
AW: No I don’t. Actually, I was on “Slime Time Live” and got pied in the face. I got pink eye from that. It kind of sucked.

HC: No way! That’s the Nickelodeon show right?
AW: Yes!

HC: How old were you?
AW: I was in fifth grade.
 [pagebreak]
HC: So, do you have any nicknames?
AW: Woody and Woodman … that’s one word by the way! My girlfriend also calls me Drew.

HC: What’s your biggest pet peeve?
AW: People walking too slow in front of me.

HC: Because of Jersey, right?
AW: Yeah, I live a fast-paced lifestyle.

HC: Okay, so let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. When was your first kiss?
AW: Um … 6th grade.

HC: What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve done to get a girl’s attention?
AW: Well, when my girlfriend, Devin, was at our high school basketball game, I wanted to surprise her and put flowers on her car. I called her and told her that her car got hit by another car in the parking lot so she’d come out and see them.

HC: Aw, was there any special occasion?
AW: It was the day I asked her to be my girlfriend.

HC: When did you two start dating?
AW: Yeah, spring of senior year.

HC: With Valentine’s Day just passing, how did you two celebrate?
AW: I went and visited her for the weekend at her school, Ohio State. Valentine’s Day is around our anniversary, so we went to a nice place for dinner. For actual Valentine’s Day I just called her because we had already celebrated over the weekend.
 [pagebreak]

HC: So what do you look for in a woman?
AW: Someone that’s fun to be around, a good personality, is pretty, and has the same interests.

HC: Interests? As in what?
AW: Well we both like to be with our friends, hang out, and be active.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?
AW: Oh that’s easy, Jessica Alba!

HC: So, where do you see yourself in ten years?
AW: In ten years, I’ll be working for an accounting firm hopefully in New York City, possibly as a consultant.

*Photography by Morgan Harbert

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.
Jackie Swoyer is a rising senior at Wake Forest University majoring in Business and Enterprise Management, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Economics. While her collegiate years have been spent in the Carolinas, this aspiring marketer currently calls Cincinnati, Ohio home...although she has spent years moving all over the country and beyond (including a five year period in Europe!). She is currently prepping for a summer internship in the Frito Lay Marketing Division in Plano, Texas, a new stop on her geographical repertoire. An avid reader of all things Her Campus, Jackie also loves to write, listen to Pandora, practice her cooking skills, and find live music anywhere she can.