Style > Fashion

EVERY OUTFIT I PACKED FOR A WEEKEND AT THE BEACH

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Packing for a beach weekend is always a mix of excitement and a bit of a challenge — especially when you want to make sure you’ve got everything for the perfect trip. Recently, I put my BEIS Weekender Bag to the test to see just how much I could cram in for a summer escape, and it totally came through. This bag is a lifesaver, fitting everything I need while keeping things organized.

Summer is always jam-packed, but even if you only have a quick weekend getaway planned, you can still make it count. From lazy beach days to fun nights out, you need the right outfits to cover every adventure. With my BEIS Weekender Bag, I managed to pack everything I needed for a seamless and stylish beach weekend. From comfy swimsuits and cover-ups to cute sundresses and sandals, I had outfits ready for every occasion.

Whether you’re lounging by the water, grabbing lunch at a beachside café, or heading out for an evening stroll, here’s a peek at what I packed to keep my beach weekend stress-free and fabulous. These essentials will help you make the most of your summer weekend, no matter how short it is!

COZY LOUNGEWEAR

When it comes to winding down and embracing comfort during a beach weekend, I’m tending to turn to my trusty Let’s Get Cosy Knit Pants ($50) and matching Let’s Get Cosy Knit Sweater ($60) in Grey Marle from White Fox Boutique. These pieces not only keep me warm during breezy evenings but also add a touch of laid-back elegance to my downtime style. Embracing the trend that’s hot right now, I also pack the EDIKTED Lea Boxer Shorts ($35) from Tillys, ensuring comfort and ease throughout my getaway. Lastly, a beach weekend trip calls for breezy pajamas, with my choice being Bluebella’s Marla Eco Viscose Pajama Set ($70) in adorable shade of pink. Whether I’m sipping morning matcha on the balcony or enjoying a sunset stroll, these loungewear essentials are a must-have for any relaxing getaway. Plus, you can wear them during your travels!

DRESS AND SKIRT OPTIONS

Whether exploring quaint beach towns or soaking up rays by the water, I opt for outfits that blend comfort with effortless style. Pairing the breezy Summer Feels Skirt ($125) from LSPACE with the laid-back Summer Feels Tube Top ($110) creates a relaxed yet chic ensemble perfect for beachside brunches or afternoon strolls. The Talk Like That Top ($40) paired with the flowing Sweet Salutations Maxi Skirt ($50) in Licorice Blossom from White Fox Boutique is another perfect option, boasting a summer print and elegant silhouette. And for those moments when I want to keep things simple yet stunning, the Maybe Later Mini Dress in Licorice Blossom proves to be the perfect short and sweet option. 

COVER-UP STYLES

For moments when I need to transition effortlessly from beach to boardwalk, I pack stylish cover-up options. The Something Special Long Sleeve Crochet Maxi Dress ($70) from White Fox Boutique offers a versatile choice, perfect for throwing over swimwear or pairing with sandals for a relaxed beachside look. Additionally, the Sudden Realisation Crochet Mini Dress ($45) provides a chic alternative, ideal for breezy walks along the shore or casual outings under the sun. Pair it with a straw cowgirl hat and your good-to-go!

SWIMWEAR FAVORITES

No beach getaway is complete without stylish and functional swimwear. I’ve packed a variety of options to suit every mood and activity. From White Fox Boutique, I have the vibrant Golden Hour Bikini Top ($30) in both Coral Burst and Costa Verde, paired with the coordinating Cabo Bottoms ($25) for a fun and colorful beach look. For a touch of elegance and sophistication, I also included Slate Swim’s Riviera Top ($80) and Riviera Bottom ($80) in Peach, offering chic minimalism. To hop on the one piece trend, Slate Swim’s Soho One Piece ($105) in Fog provides the perfect blend of style and comfort, ideal for lounging by the pool or playing in the waves!

ACESSORY ESSENTIALS

Always remember the accessories! First up is the vibrant Melie Bianco Isla Blue Small Top Handle Bag ($140), adding a splash of color and chic style to my beachside wardrobe. It’s perfect for strolling along the shore or exploring seaside cafes with just the right amount of space for my essentials like my favorite sunglasses for summer: the ANNA02’s ($250) from Woodys. This pair offers a unique yet classic design with its hexagonal shape and UV-protective lenses, ensuring my eyes stay protected for the weekend.

I’ve also packed the ATACZ Bazzer Bag in Polka Dots ($51) — it’s the perfect companion for beach days and farmers market adventures alike. With its spacious design and charming polka dot pattern, it effortlessly carries everything from beach towels and snacks to fresh produce and souvenirs.

THE PERFECT PAIR OF SHOES

When I pack for the beach, I always seem to forget something — usually a cute pair of shoes. But not this time! Ensuring my feet stay both comfortable and fashionable throughout my getaway, I’ve made sure to include the perfect footwear options. Make sure to pack a shoe that looks cute with everything, like the TOMS Shea Tan Leather Slide Sandal ($60). Of course, for walking on the beach you need a pair of trusty rubber sandals. I’ve opted for the durable and comfy BIRKENSTOCK Arizona EVA Sandals from Tillys ($50). For a short beach weekend, two to three versatile pairs of shoes works perfectly.

McCall Hope

App State '26

Hi y'all! My name is McCall Hope, I'm one of Her Campus at App State's Co-Campus Coordinators. Originally from Spartanburg, SC, I'm currently a Sophomore at App, double majoring in Political Science and Anthropology. In my free time, I enjoy reading, crafting, exploring art (especially fashion), and all things outdoors!
Madison Bailey

App State '23

Madison Bailey is a national writer at Her Campus Media focusing on all things style, beauty, and lifestyle. She works closely with the style and lifestyle verticals at Her Campus, including reviews, roundups, sustainable style, and pop-culture. After graduating from Appalachian State University in May 2023 where she was Campus Coordinator of Her Campus at App State, Madison has written for Teen Vogue, Modeliste Magazine, Global Garbs, and more. Her time as Head Writer for The Collective Magazine, Appalachian State’s fashion and culture magazine, sparked her passion for the exciting world of fashion. She is currently working in marketing at Modeliste Magazine where she’s able to celebrate her favorite things; fashion, beauty, and travel. In her free time, you can find Madison soaking in all the beauty that the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer. Or, when she’s not writing, you can find her thrifting, sipping a raspberry matcha, or cooking her favorite vegan meals!