This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Some movies and TV shows seem tailor-made for cozy nights, warm drinks, and the autumn season. Here are a few that welcome fall with open arms and a soft sweater! 

The Harry Potter Series
Harry Potter World Hogwarts
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Hogwarts in the fall is like pumpkin spice for the soul. As students arrive, golden leaves flutter outside the castle and every flick of a wand fills the air with magic. With crackling fires and candlelit feasts, watching Harry, Hermione, and Ron feels like wrapping yourself in a cozy fall blanket. 

Gilmore Girls
Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

If Stars Hollow could talk, it would sound like crunchy leaves. Gilmore Girls captures the essence of fall with Rory and Lorelai’s daily coffee runs and the town’s Autumn Festival. Each episode feels like stepping into a storybook, where the picturesque streets are alive with the charm of small-town autumn. 

Halloweentown Series

Nothing says “fall” like a trip to Halloweentown. This Disney series whisks us away to a world where Halloween never ends. With skeletons in taxis and witches casting spells, the nostalgia of childhood Halloween dreams comes alive, making it a perfect fall watch. 

Autumn in New York

If fall had a romance, it would be Autumn in New York. The city’s vibrant leaves set the stage for a fleeting love story, reminding us that some moments are beautiful because they don’t last forever. New York becomes a character, weaving through the bittersweet beauty of the season. 

When Harry Met Sally

When Harry Met Sally is a love letter to fall in New York. From walks through Central Park to cozy meals at a deli, the film captures the city’s warm, autumn vibes. The film’s sharp wit and warmth make it a perfect companion for anyone dreaming of romance wrapped in a big scarf.

The Good Witch

The Good Witch is set in Middleton, U.S., a town designed for fall. The main character’s soothing presence and the town’s golden hues create an overarching comforting atmosphere. With a gentle touch of magic, the show invites you to believe that autumn is when enchantment feels most alive.

I hope you all enjoy a cup of coffee like Rory, a pumpkin pasty like Harry, and a slice of pizza like Sally as you cozy up with these fall favorites!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Alexandra Cedrowski is a new member at the Her Campus  at BU chapter. She publishes her own work on the site biweekly Outside of Her Campus, Alexandra had also participated in her high school’s newspaper. She is currently a junior at Boston University majoring in both journalism and business.  In her free time, Alexandra enjoys drawing, cooking and spending her time with her family and friends. Alexandra is also the owner of a small candle company named Scented Basement.