Study Guide: Cute Outfits for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Messy buns, baggy sweatpants, smeared mascara, UGG slippers…they’re all tip-offs that finals week is upon us. But are we helping or hurting ourselves by wearing garments that slowly coax us into bed, farther and farther away from our end-of-term papers, study guides, good grades? Perhaps there is an underlying psychology to finals attire, and the key to success lies within our very own closets. 

My personal finals-week dress code is this: wear something you’re comfortable in without wearing something that’s comfortable. I know what you’re thinking. I’m already stressed and confused about all of the finals I have to take, now I have to try and make sense of this statement?! But it really does make sense. Wear something you’re comfortable in – a worn pair of jeggings, a soft t-shirt, a light scarf, and broken-in flats – versus wearing something that’s merely comfortable – baggy sweatpants, a hooded sweatshirt, and slippers. The more awake you look, the more awake you’ll feel. Since you have enough work on your plate, all you need to do is follow this simple study guide to dress yourself for success.  

Clean & Classic: Feel relaxed and ready to conquer your exams in a pair of leggings and a v-neck. Add structure and stability to your look (and yourself!) with a blazer. Add your own personal touch with jewelry. 

(PINK leggings 2/$28, 
AE V-neck $10, 
Aqua blazer $68.60) 

Ready for Summer: Get pumped for your summer a little bit early with light fabrics and bright colors. 

(J. Crew cardigan $55, 
AE jeggings $44.50, 
J. Crew tank $14.50)

Over-achiever: While a dress may be the furthest thing from your mind during finals, there’s truly nothing simpler than throwing on one garment and being ready to go. Choose something that’s not too fitted with soft fabric. 

(Aqua $54.60,
UO $44, 
Quotation $41.16)

Cameron is a senior at Bucknell University pursuing degrees in English and Theatre. Born and raised in suburban Philadelphia, she is a member of Delta Gamma sorority and recently spent a semester abroad in London (tea and scones galore!). Her favorite things include (but are not limited to) anything with the word "coffee" in it, her two shih tzus, peppermint gum, reality tv, and spending time with family and friends. She also enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, dancing, staying active, and singing. Her claim to fame? She was a street shoutout on the show "Cash Cab".