Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Here Are A Few Ways You Can Celebrate Valentine’s Day single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Single this upcoming Valentine’s day? Don’t fret, you can still celebrate!

You can relax and take some time towards self care. Additionally, you can hang out with friends and celebrate Galentine’s Day on February 13th.

Here are a few ways you can celebrate this weekend on Galentine’s or Valentine’s Day:

Watch Titanic

Go to a showing of the remastered version of Titanic. Theaters are showing Titanic for its 25th anniversary starting Feb. 10. Here’s your chance to see the epic yet tragic love story of Jack Dawson and Rose Dewitt Bukater in theaters.

titanic im flying scene
Paramount Pictures
Attend a cookie decorating class

Chrusciki Bakery is having a “Galentine’s Day Cookie Decorating Class” on Feb. 11 beginning at 10 a.m. You will decorate six cookies with Galentine’s Day designs and receive a box to carry them in when you leave. You can attend this fun event with friends and/or family members. The class is about an hour and a half long and attendees need to be over 13 years old.

Go to the Buffalo Botanical Gardens

The Buffalo Botanical Gardens is holding an event called, Galentine’s After Dark” on Feb. 13. From 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. You can look around the garden, drink a glass of wine and treat yourself to the self-care items from vendors present at the event. This event is for those over the age of 21.

Have a spa day

Treat yourself and destress this weekend by going to a spa or having a DIY spa day. Use a face mask, bath bombs and partake in other self-care activities such as reading and painting.

Make bouquets

The “Mimosas and Bouquets” event occurs at Petal Pusher year-round for free. Sip mimosas with your friends while you all create bouquets. It’s available on Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The flower hour is another bouquet making event you can partake in on Thursdays from 4:00 to 7:00 pm.

Watch Rom-Coms

Put on some comfy clothes, pop some popcorn and watch your favorite romantic comedies. You can watch the classic movies from the 80s-2000s like 10 Things I Hate About You. Recent rom-coms you can watch are Love, Simon and the To All The Boys I Loved Before trilogy. If you want to binge-watch a show, recent ones in this genre are Love, Victor and The Summer I Turned Pretty. Press play, sit back, and enjoy!

Alisha Allison is a national writer for the Entertainment/Culture section of Her Campus who started in January 2024. Alisha is a senior at University at Buffalo majoring in political science and minoring in social justice. She is also pursuing her journalism certificate. She’s has gained experience writing stories for her journalism classes, as an assistant editor on the news desk (former staff and contributing writer) for her university’s student-led newspaper, and a writer for Her Campus Buffalo. She is on the executive board for two chapters of national organizations at UB. Alisha plans on attending law school in the future. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music and spending time with her friends and family. She also likes watching television shows, movies, and video essays, and reading novels.