corporate cute?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
corporate cute?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
20th Century Studios
Style > Fashion

Are you a fashion lover? Here are 6 movies you should add to your list!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you’re a fashion lover like me, you should definitely watch these iconic fashion movies. They’re great to marathon and fall in love with the theme even more!

Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009)

To start this list, there’s nothing better than a classic. Rebecca Bloomwood (Isla Fisher) is a girl who loves shopping as many of us do, but her addiction leads her to bankruptcy. As a journalist in NY, Bloom dreams of one day working at her favorite fashion magazine, but the most she gets is a job as a columnist at  a financial magazine.  her dreams are about to come true, Rebecca rethinks her love for shopping.

Pretty Woman (1990)

Although Pretty Woman is a romantic comedy, we can’t deny that Vivian Ward, played by Julia Roberts, puts on a fashion show. Edward Lewis (Richard Gere), a lost tycoon, decides to hire Vivian, a prostitute, to spend a weekend together, when she transforms into an elegant woman and they end up becoming sentimentally involved.  

@freeform

the most iconic scene in all of cinema #PrettyWoman #JuliaRoberts

♬ original sound – Freeform

Cruella (2021) 

One of Disney’s classic villains played by Emma Stone, Cruella brings dazzling looks to her live-action. In 1970s London, amid the punk rock revolution, a young con artist Estella, intelligent, determined, and creative through her designs, ended up attracting the attention of Baroness Von Hellman (Emma Thompson) a fashion legend. However, their relationship unleashes various circumstances that will make Estella embrace her rebellious side and become Cruella. 

Coco before Chanel (2009)

A classic of the fashion world, Coco Before Chanel tells the story of Gabrielle (Audrey Tautou), who is left with her sister in an orphanage. As time goes by, she divides her time as a cabaret singer and seamstress, until she receives the support of Étienne Balsan (Benoit Poelvoorde) who becomes her protector. Gabrielle revolutionizes fashion by starting to dress in men’s clothes, leaving aside the corsets and exaggerated props of the time. 

House of Gucci (2021) 

In 1978, a young woman is pursuing the wealthy Maurizio Gucci, heir to the famous Gucci brand. The two end up falling in love and marrying, then having two daughters and an empire to run. Their love grows stronger every day until Patrizia feels threatened when her husband finds a mistress and asks for a divorce. House of Gucci is based on the story of Patrizia Reggiani, ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci, a member of the founding family of the Italian brand Gucci.

@oscars

“This story has a beginning and an end, and ours ended a few chapters ago.” Lady Gaga as Patrizia Reggiani and Adam Driver as Maurizio Gucci in Ridley Scott’s ‘House of Gucci.’ The film received a nomination for Makeup and Hairstyling (Göran Lundström, Anna Carin Lock and Frederic Aspiras) at the 94th Oscars in 2022. ladygaga adamdriver houseofgucci gucci movies moviescene biopic

♬ original sound – The Oscars – The Oscars

The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

I couldn’t finish this list without mentioning the favorite of many fashion lovers, and many who fell in love with this film. The Devil Wears Prada portrays the life of Andrea Sachs (Anne Hathaway), who gets a job at Runaway Magazine, the most important fashion magazine in New York, and starts working as secretary to Miranda Priestly (Meryl Streep), the magazine’s executive. However, Andrea realizes that working with Miranda is not so simple.  

@oscars

Miranda Priestly’s greatest hits! ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ (2006) was nominated for two Oscars, including a Best Actress nom for Meryl Streep and Best Costume Design for Patricia Field. #TheDevilWearsPrada #MerylStreep #MirandaPriestly #BestActress #BestCostumeDesign #Costumes #Oscars #AcademyAwards #IconicFilm #FavoriteMovies #AnneHathaway #EmilyBlunt #StanleyTucci #Fashion #NewYork #iconicfashion #2006

♬ original sound – The Oscars

The article above was edited by Larissa Buzon.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more.

Vitória Venturin

Casper Libero '27

Journalism student at Casper Libero university, lover fashion, movies, culture and communication :)