This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

We’re starting off the spring semester strong here at Her Campus Conn, and there are plenty of future happenings that are getting us excited! Between classes, SAC events, and Floralia, we’re gearing up for a fun, studious, and rejuvenating couple of months. Here’s what we’re most looking forward to:

It’s my last spring semester here at Conn, and I’ve decided that I want my schedule to be as light as possible. Why? Because I want to explore! I am looking forward to going for drives, checking out local coffee shops and libraries, and keeping an eye out for fun events. It’s honestly a crime that the Mohegan Sun casino has been only 15 minutes away these past four years, and I have only made the trip a couple of times. This semester is for going out in the world! Of course, I say this and I’m still taking three classes, writing an honors thesis, working two jobs, and rehearsing for three performances. 

• Lara Beckius ‘24

I know this is a little cliché, but I’m really looking forward to all of my classes, and to finally declare my double majors in English and Environmental Studies! I have some really fun and engaging classes this semester, and after a previous semester that was rough for me health wise, I am excited to take better care of myself while still studying to the best of my ability! 

• Caroline Snyder ‘26

I am a senior, so obviously there is something big I am looking forward to at the end of this semester. But I am not going to write about that, because there is something else that I am excited about that rivals graduation and completing an honors thesis: This semester, I will be metamorphosing into my Art History advisor. He is an amazing professor, whose class I am immensely enjoying, but I want to know how far I can mimic him before he notices. On the first day of classes, my friend and I wore matching glasses that look very similar to his, and he did not notice our mimicry. We plan on escalating our outfits every week with another of his wardrobe staples. For example, next week we will wear earth-toned quarter-zips. The week after that, we will add khaki pants to the ensemble, and so on and so forth. Let’s hope he notices before I have to shave my head. There is absolutely nothing I can gain from this experience, but all the best things in life are stupid and embarrassing anyways. Will update with final results! 

• Catherine Gwinnett ‘24

I’m a first-year, so obviously I could say that I’m most looking forward to my first spring semester at Conn. Or my first spring break as a college student, which happens to coincide with my birthday. Or watching trees bud and flowers sprout on campus. Or the days getting longer and warmer. (Can you tell spring is my favorite season?) Instead, though, I’m going to talk about one of my classes, in a true bright-eyed, first-year style. I’m in a Museum Studies class this semester, and as someone who has regarded museums as magical places since she was about six, I am very excited. In addition to the four museum trips we’ll go on over the course of the class, I’ll have to attend an exhibition of my own choosing to write about. This means I could potentially go to my favorite place on earth, the Museum of Science in Boston, for the purposes of a class, which sounds like the best kind of assignment inconvenience one could ask for.

• Ava Tyszkowski ‘27

As a first-year, I’m most excited to experience my first spring semester at Conn! I’m looking forward to spring events hosted by the college that I’ve only heard about from upperclassmen. As a part of SAC (Student Activities Council), I’m excited to both plan and attend events like Veiled Vocalist and Floralia. Additionally, I can’t wait to see the campus in spring weather; hopefully I’ll get to spend some time outside and at the arboretum once it gets warmer. I’m also looking forward to starting my first on-campus job as a tour guide. Overall, I’m hoping to have a fun and productive semester!

• Allie Ziegler ‘27

I’m very excited to experience my first Floralia at Conn as a first-year! I’ve heard so many upperclassmen rave about how much fun it is every year, and I am also helping to plan it on SAC. Besides that, just getting through the spring semester, doing my best and all the other fun events that are coming up, including the dance tonight! I’m in a super fun botany class and we have some very cool things planned, so I’m excited for that as well!

• Madeline Motes ‘27
Lara graduated from Connecticut College in 2024 with a double major in environmental studies and economics and a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.
Caroline Snyder is a rising junior at Connecticut College who is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies! She is the president of Conn's Her Campus chapter, co-captain of the college's Equestrian Team, aids in education work in the Office of Sexual Violence Prevention, and works in the college's archives, among other things. She loves writing, reading, her cat, dinosaurs, working out, and sustainability.
Hello! My name is Catherine (she/her) and I am a Classical Languages and Art History major at Connecticut College. I am also completing a Museum Studies Certificate Program here. I work as a curatorial and archival intern at the New London County Historical Society, and I love visiting museums and spending time around good (and bad) art.
Ava Tyszkowski

Conn Coll '27

Ava is a first-year at Connecticut College, planning on double-majoring in Psychology and Philosophy with a minor in Classics. When she's not doing homework, she's probably reading a fantasy book, listening to Taylor Swift or The Clash, or watching hockey.
Allison Ziegler

Conn Coll '27

Allie (she/her) is a sophomore at Connecticut College studying Theater and Educational Studies. Outside of Her Campus, she is the marketing director for Wig & Candle, Conn's student-run theater club. She also participates in Student Activities Council and works at the Office of Admission as an Admission Ambassador. In her free time, she loves reading, crocheting, listening to music, and hanging out with friends!
Madeline Motes

Conn Coll '27

Hi! My name is Madeline and I'm a first-year student at Conn! I'm from DC and I went to Jackson-Reed High School. I love swimming, creative writing and traveling. I also spent three years of high school living overseas in Amman, Jordan where I got to travel to lots of exciting countries, such as an international swim meet in Greece and a community service trip to Cape Town, South Africa. I also enjoy cooking and baking. I am very excited to be a part of HerCampus!