A New Cat Owner’s Guide to the Cutest Cat Supplies on Amazon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

If you like cats, you’ve come to the right place. I myself just adopted a cat, and with no previous cat-ownership experience, I was a bit confused as to what she would need. Here you will find a list of the cutest options Amazon has to offer for your new clawed companion, some of which I have tried myself, and some that are definitely on my wish list!

1. Happi n Pets Cloud Cat Scratching Post

This would have to be one of my favorite purchases for my cat, Nox. She is six months old and still very much in the playful-kitten phase, and she loves to scratch at it and play with the dangling charms. Plus, who doesn’t love the little cloud-shaped bed on top? Easily one of the best finds and very simple to assemble. 

1. Fashion’s Talk Cat Toy 10 Count Fruit Mice

Cats often seem to be fond of the little toy mice, and these have to be some of the cutest I’ve ever seen. They feature a variety of fruits and provide endless entertainment for your furry feline. The tail also offers the option to dangle them for your kitten, which, based on my experience, is a surefire way to get them riled up and ready to play. 

1. Yeexoxow Ceramic Raised Cat Bowl

If you’re looking to spend the extra money on some super-cute cat dishware, this is definitely up there with the cutest options. The bowl features a strawberry design, also available as an orange, and is raised to prevent your kitty from straining their neck while trying to eat. Even if you aren’t looking for a super-cute design, I would definitely recommend a raised bowl to help support their neck and spine. 

1. Nugget Lite Pet Water Fountain

Cats often enjoy drinking from a running water source, and this water fountain is the perfect option if you’re looking for a sleek, modern-looking drinking source for your cat. It filters the water and keeps it moving to entice your furry friend to stay hydrated, and while I don’t have this exact model, I can definitely confirm that my cat is a fan of her fountain. 

1. Bread Catnip Toys

These are some of the CUTEST toys I’ve come across so far– though the catnip becomes more effective for cats once they have matured a bit more. If your cat spends tireless hours at the biscuit factory, these little baked treats will be the perfect addition to their toy collection. 

1. Squishmallows 24-Inch Wendy Frog Pet Bed

For any Squishmallows fan, this pet bed is an adorable option for your cat. Not only is it a super-cute frog, but the Squishmallow texture allows for ultimate comfort. This one has been on the wish list for a while!

Hopefully this short guide provided you with some ideas for your furry friend, or even made you want to adopt one if you do not currently own a cat (which, if that’s the case, DO IT!!). As a first-time cat owner, getting the hang of caring for a cat was a little ominous at first. However, I soon learned that with the right supplies, it is not too difficult and cats make great pets for college students! And, for anyone wondering and because I love her so much, the last two slides in the HCCU post below show Nox and her Cloud Scratching Post :)

Lauren Wafford is a member of the Her Campus at CU chapter, writing articles about her favorite topics since the spring semester of her freshman year. Beyond HerCampus, Lauren is an Integrative Physiology major at the University of Colorado Boulder, working on an English Literature minor. In her free time, Lauren enjoys playing field hockey on the school club team, playing with her cat Nox, and reading fantasy and YA books.