This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

I know many people here in Boulder think Sprouts Farmers Market runs the same prices as a health foods store like Whole Foods. While some of the items definitely do compare, Sprouts has made a recent effort to make many of their seasonal (and non-seasonal) items affordable for students to enjoy. Here are some of my favorite seasonal items that can be found on sale now, ranked in price. 

Sprouts Mini Stroopwafels ($3.99)

Your favorite airplane snack now comes in a bagged miniature version, thanks to Sprouts! These little caramel cookies have a hint of cinnamon taste and are the perfect snack size for dessert, either on their own or crumbled over ice cream. For less than $4 (and currently on sale for 99 cents in some Boulder locations), you too can indulge in a delicious sweet treat produced right in Holland. It’s clear I am not the only person obsessed with them because they have such a hard time staying stocked on the shelves.

RW Knudsen Sparkling Caramel Apple Cider ($3.99) 

Perfect for Friendsgiving or your holiday celebrations, the RW Knudsen brand sparkling caramel apple cider is a delicious twist on your regular sparkling cider. There is a perfect balance of toasty sweetness and bitter apple, which makes for a delicious drink with dinner. While I am not particularly favorable of pumpkin spice, there is also a pumpkin spice-flavored sparkling cider on sale this season. If you procrastinate your planning and don’t want to show up empty-handed to your function (like yours truly), I highly suggest grabbing a bottle of this cider.

Alcohol Drinking Hands Party
Alex Frank / Spoon

Sensible Portions Screamin’ Hot Veggie Straws ($4.29) 

To all my friends and folks who enjoy a good hot chip, I suggest you turn your attention to the Sensible Portions brand hot veggie straws. Coming from a fairly health-conscious household, I have had my fair share of veggie straw, chip, and stick out there, and I have liked these the most. They have a delicious spicy flavor and are perfect if you do not want to sacrifice flavor in your snacks when you want to eat something a little bit healthier.

Sprouts Rich Cocoa Truffles ($4.99)

My chocolate lovers are going to go crazy for the rich cocoa truffles that are sold under the Christmas seasonal items. There is a light cocoa dusting on each truffle which makes for an extremely elegant feel despite only being around $5 for a box, and let me tell you, the name does not lie! They are very rich, so it might be worth having a little something around to wash it down. Along with the plain cocoa truffles, Sprouts also sells candy cane cocoa truffles if the peppermint flavor is more your thing. 

Sprouts Holiday Hibiscus Cranberry Herb Tea ($9.99/ 36ct)

While this is definitely the most expensive item on the list, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. First, let’s break down why this can actually become a realistic buy if you are a tea fanatic like me. At $9.99 for a 36-count container of tea bags, it will roughly cost you 28 cents per bag and will last you all holiday season, if not into the next. This tea not only tastes great, but it has spicy/sweetness that reminds me of the comfort of coming home to a simmer pot, and who doesn’t love that feeling?

If some of the items on this list may be a bit out of your price range for yourself, or you didn’t find any particular interest in them, they still may make wonderful gifts and stocking stuffers for someone you love. Browsing through the fall and winter seasonal shelves is a captivating activity if you have the time, and this is just a fraction of the items on sale. I think there is something for everyone on sale, and I would highly recommend stopping into your local Sprouts to check it out for yourself!

Jordan Saladino

CU Boulder '24

Jordan is from a small town in the western suburbs of Chicago and is very passionate about the arts and sciences. Her interests include psychology, creating mixed-media artwork, and spending time outdoors.