Style > Beauty

Revitalize Skincare with Coffee: 4 Delightful DIY Recipes for Glowing Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi North chapter.

Discover How Your Morning Brew Can Transform Your Skincare Routine

As you sip your morning brew, the rich aroma wafting through the air might just be the universe whispering a secret: your beloved cup of coffee is not just a wake-up call for your senses; it could also be your skin’s new best friend! Imagine this: the same magical beans that fuel your day might just hold the key to revitalizing your complexion. So, grab your mug, and let’s embark on a delightful journey where coffee meets skincare!

1. Coffee and Honey: The Radiance Duo

Coffee exfoliates your skin while honey wraps it in a cosy blanket of moisture. Together, they create a radiant, well-hydrated glow that’ll have you beaming!

Method:

Ingredients: 2 tablespoons of coffee, 1 tablespoon of honey

Instructions:

1. Mix the coffee and honey into a luscious paste.

2. Apply it to your face, letting it work its magic for 15 minutes.

3. Rinse with lukewarm water and follow up with your favourite moisturizer.

4. Use this dreamy mask twice a week for skin that feels as good as it looks!

2. Coffee, Turmeric, and Yogurt: The Acne Fighter

This powerful trio is like a superhero squad for your skin! Turmeric battles bacteria, yoghurt banishes excess oil, and coffee clears out those pesky pores. Together, they create a mask that not only fights acne but also leaves your skin feeling refreshed and renewed.

Method:

Ingredients: 2 tablespoons of ground coffee powder, 2 tablespoons of yoghurt, ½ teaspoon of turmeric

Instructions:

1. Whip up a paste by mixing all the ingredients.

2. Apply it to your clean face and relax for 10 minutes.

3. Rinse it off and follow up with a moisturizer to keep your skin supple.

4. Use this rejuvenating mask two to three times a week to keep acne at bay!

3. Coffee and Lemon: The Brightening Booster

Ready to illuminate your skin? This zesty combo is perfect for oily skin, with lemon’s vitamin C helping to eliminate excess sebum while coffee delivers a refreshing glow. Say goodbye to dullness!

Method:

Ingredients: 1 tablespoon of coffee powder, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice

Instructions:

1. Mix the coffee and lemon juice into a tangy paste.

2. Apply it to your face and let it work for 15 minutes.

3. Rinse off and moisturize to lock in that newfound brightness.

4. Use this brightening booster once a week for a radiant complexion!

4. Coffee and Coconut Oil: The Hydrating Scrub

Dreaming of a scrub that hydrates while whisking away dead skin cells? Look no further! This coffee and coconut oil mask is a nourishing treat, perfect for achieving soft, radiant skin. Plus, coconut oil works wonders in combating signs of ageing—talk about a double whammy!

Method:

Ingredients: 2 tablespoons of coffee powder, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil

Instructions:

1. Combine the coffee and coconut oil into a creamy paste.

2. Apply it to your skin and let it soak in for 15 minutes.

3. Rinse off and moisturize to keep your skin feeling plump and hydrated.

4. Use this luscious mask twice a week for a youthful glow!

With these delightful DIY recipes, your morning coffee can now be a part of your skincare ritual! Indulge in the aromatic world of coffee and watch your skin blossom with health and vitality. So, what are you waiting for? Treat yourself to a cup—and a mask—today!

Geshna Khattar

Delhi North '26

Geshna Khattar is a dynamic individual with a rich tapestry of talents and interests. She is an integral part of the editorial team at Her Campus for DU North Campus, where she contributes her creativity and insight to a wide range of content. Beyond her campus commitments, Geshna holds the esteemed position of Joint Secretary of the Placement Cell at Daulat Ram College. In this role, she plays a pivotal part in bridging the gap between students and prospective career opportunities, a testament to her dedication to the academic community. She is not only an academic achiever but also an accomplished sportsperson. She has clinched numerous state and national medals in fencing, showcasing her exceptional prowess and dedication in the sporting arena. Currently pursuing a B.A. (Hons) in Psychology at Delhi University, she exemplifies a commitment to both her education and athletic pursuits. However, Geshna's talents extend well beyond academics and sports. She is a devoted dog lover, cherishing moments with her loyal companion. Additionally, she has a deep passion for music, which serves as a source of inspiration and relaxation in her life. Moreover, Geshna is a gifted poet and artist. Through the medium of poetry and visual art, she channels her creativity and emotions. She is a multifaceted individual whose dedication to academics, sports, art, music, and her furry friend reflect a well-rounded and inspiring persona.