This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

JaAire Purifory

What to do With Your BOO! to Get in the Halloween Spirit

The one thing I love about Fall is how everything is changing yet it’s the start of everything fun. We start off with Halloween, and while there is plenty of room to have fun by yourself, here are some things to do with you and your boo that are scary fun. 

The first thing we have is obviously Frightland. This one is a classic; it is a great way to get your blood pumping and create lasting memories with your favorite person. You cannot go wrong with this from the anticipatory drive there to the jump scares, to the running all the way to the laughing. Frightland is everybody’s go-to and understandably so, this is at the top of my list when it comes to fun things you can do. Fright Land is located at 309 Port Penn Rd, Middletown, DE 19709. 

Now this one is for if you and your special person are up for a mini road trip. Down in Rehoboth is the Sea Witch Festival, it was named on HGTV’s list of “21 Great Fall Festivals.” A little less frightening and a lot more vibes. The festival has been around for about 30 years, so they are getting in the spooky spirit right down there in Rehoboth.

There is a variety of different things going on down there. The streets leading up to the boardwalk are all filled with monsters, witches, and things of that nature. It is a fun-filled event to enjoy with someone near and dear to you. There are also plenty of more events such as magic shows, scavenger hunts, live music, and more. To top that all off, there are vendors selling a bunch of food and homemade products. 

This last activity is for all my homebodies – I know it’s getting cold, and money’s getting tight. I even understand if your social battery is worn out and you just want to chill. Movies and snacks are always the go-to and luckily, I have ideas for both.

Movies wise I have already run through a lot of movies with my person. So, Twitches and Twitches 2 top the list because they are the standard. Twitches just scream nostalgia; it takes you back to those days when Halloween was at its peak.

Now onto my personal favorite Halloween movie, which is a little controversial, because it is not seen as a Halloween movie by some. Nightmare Before Christmas is my all-time favorite Halloween movie, I watch it every year and I highly recommend it. If you are looking for peak Halloween, then Jack Skellington is your man. 

As for the food portion, it is really up to you. You’ve got popcorn, candy, and cookies, these are the staples. But if you want to spice it up and try something new you can try to make some Halloween-inspired mini pizzas I’ll leave the link to some recipes below. 

You participate in any of these then you are sure to have a great Halloween. But to those doing other Halloween activities; have fun and stay safe and enjoy your Halloweekend!!

Recipe Links: https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/fun-halloween-pizza-ideas/

Hi, My name is JaAire. I am a General Member of Delaware State's Hercampus chapter. I am currently a senior majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I love to write, which is why I found myself here as an author. But when I am not writing I am reading, listening to music, or hanging out with friends. This chapter of my life feels like the beginning of something new so I am going to make the most of it.