Wellness

4 Easy Meals to Make in Your Dorm Kitchen When the Dining Hall Menu Is Not It

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Sometimes, the dining hall food is just not it. So, what do you do? Well, if you live in a dorm with a kitchen/kitchenette, you’re in luck! Here are some quick-ish and easy meal ideas I have made with my suitemates that you can make with your friends!

Pasta with Meatballs and Garlic Bread

What you will need: 1 or 2 boxes of pasta (depending on how many people you are cooking for), your favorite or the cheapest red sauce you can find, frozen meatballs (I LOVE the Target brand!), and garlic Texas toast (8 pieces to a box!)

Steps: Mix the cooked and drained pasta with the sauce in the pasta pan, air fry, or put meatballs in the oven for the allotted time, place the toast on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven! Put it all together on a plate and enjoy!!

Tacos

What you will need: Your choice of ground protein (beef, turkey, chicken, tofu, etc.), taco seasoning (I like the packets), shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, queso, tortillas or taco shells, tortilla chips.

Steps: If frozen, leave the protein out to thaw before cooking in the pan, make sure the protein is fully cooked, add in taco seasoning (most seasonings require some water), heat tortillas/shells if you prefer, heat queso in the microwave, lay out toppings for everyone to make their mix, grab some chips and salsa, enjoy!!

Chicken and Spinach with Broccoli and Caeser Salad

What you will need: Pre-cooked chicken you can reheat, spinach, broccoli, olive oil, and 1 or 2 Large Caesar salad kits (you can find super cheap ones at Target and Walmart).

Steps: Place pre-cooked chicken in a pan with the slightest bit of olive oil, once the chicken is close to done, add in some more olive oil and as much spinach as desired (I recommend a good amount as it does shrink!), make Caeser salad kits in a large bowl, enjoy!!!

Chicken Ceaser Wraps with Tater Tots

What you will need: Pre-cooked chicken you can reheat, 2 or 3 large Caeser Sala kits (depending on how large the wraps are and how many people you are cooking for), tortilla wraps, frozen tater tots.

Steps: Reheat chicken in a pan with some olive oil, while the chicken is cooking, prepare salad kit in a bowl and toss the salad so the dressing is evenly mixed, put tater tots in air fryer or oven, when chicken is done mix it in with the salad and put the salad in the wrap, enjoy!!

I love taylor swift, harry styles, olivia rodrigo, and crochet! my favorite color is purple. i love fashion, makeup, and design. i am also majoring in hospitality! <3