My Favorite Christmas Gift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays. This year, I actually had a list prepared, which usually is not the case! Usually, it’s when December 26th rolls around that I realize all the things I wanted. However, this year, I was most excited for one item in particular — a matching pajama set.

I have never been one to wear matching pajamas. Usually, I throw on a sweatshirt and some PJ bottoms, or if that mid semester depression is hitting just right, I’ll sleep in the same clothes I wore that day (I know, gross!). But, this year, I am on a mission to become “that girl,” and by my definition, “that girl” treats bedtime like an event.

Like any event, you need an outfit. Having matching pajamas makes me feel more ready to sleep. When I put them on, my brain transitions from my “go, go, go” mentality during the day to a restful calm mentality. It also just makes me feel better. When I look at myself in the mirror as I’m doing my nighttime skin care routine, I just feel like a queen, and that makes me excited to go to sleep. It makes me want to give myself rest instead of doom-scrolling Tik Tok for hours on end.

Having these PJs has made me a lot happier and has improved my sleep greatly. I got most of them from Victoria’s Secret, which does have frequent sales, making the PJs more affordable. I do also get some from Target. My suggestion would be start with two long sleeve and pant sets for winter, preferably fleece or flannel, and then two short and t-shirt sets for the spring and summer. Then, you can add on from there after experimenting with new materials and styles of PJs.

I hope if you try this, you feel as much like “that girl” as I do.

Enjoy!

Xxx,

Jillian

Jillian Paccico

Endicott '24

Hi my name is Jillian Paccico and I am a nursing student at Endicott College! I love to hang out with my friends, win my dog's affection with treats and belly rubs, and eat anything that doesn't require utensils. (Nachos are my personal favorite.) You can find me on Instagram @jpaccico_4