Style > Beauty

The 9 Best Spring Fragrances for 2024

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Happy spring! We have officially entered the days of outdoor happy hours, sheep’s meadow picnics, and sundress-clad first dates. And in honor of spring cleaning, it’s that time of year for a perfume shelf revamp! But don’t fret. I’ve tested this season’s hottest scents so you don’t have to. (And my nose is still recovering). Here are my top picks:

best classic spring scent – donna intense by valentino

Price – $140

Size – 1.7 oz

Fragrance Family – Florals

The title, ‘Intense’, is no joke! This is one rich, long lasting fragrance. With notes of jasmine and vanilla, the scent offers a wonderfully classic spring freshness minus the overt sickly sweetness found in many of its competitors.

best sweet spring scent – rosie by rosie jane

Price – $75

Size – 1.7 oz

Fragrance Family – Warm & Spicy

Embracing femininity is a hot topic of conversation recently, and I have to say — Rosie by Rosie Jane is girlhood in a scent! The sweet, youthful fragrance offers a sensation of spring renewal. The scent is both warm and lush, yet sheer (and affordable) enough for daily use.

best mature spring scent – flowerbomb ruby orchid by viktor & rolf

Price – $145

Size – 1.7 oz

Fragrance Family – Florals

I’ve heard a lot of clamor about the Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb scents online recently, and boy were my expectations beat. With notes of peach and bourbon vanilla, this elevated floral is perfect for your next hot date. Strong and long-lasting, the fragrance is the sophisticated and mature option for spring.

best sheer spring scent – Vanilla Woods by The 7 Virtues

Price – $88

Size – 1.7 oz

Fragrance Family – Warm & Spicy

If you’re not a fan of overly strong fragrance, this might be your newest obsession. With notes of pear and rose, it offers a sheer, delicate floral. Not only is it wonderfully subtle, it is also certified vegan, cruelty-free, and hypoallergenic.

Best Sexy Spring Scent – Goddess by Burberry

Price – $135

Size – 1.6 oz

Fragrance Family – Warm & Spicy

Strong, fiery, and fierce, this is a warm and spicy scent perfect for evening use. With notes of vanilla caviar and vanilla absolute, the fragrance is decadent and mature with the slightest touch of rugged masculinity.

Best Floral Spring Scent – Flora by Gucci

Price – $135

Size – 1.6 oz

Fragrance Family – Florals

Evoking images of blooming greenery and sprouting florals, this fragrance is both lush and botanic. With notes of pear and brown sugar, it is both delicate and fresh – just sweet enough! It’s difficult to go wrong with Gucci scents, but this one is a true crowd-pleaser.

Best Beachy Spring Scent – Replica: Beach Walk by Maison Margiela

Price – $85

Size – 1 oz

Fragrance Family: Fresh

I have to be honest – I’ve previously been left feeling underwhelmed by the Maison Margiela Replica line. This specific scent, however, was a wonderfully pleasant surprise. With notes of coconut milk and heliotrope, the fragrance is charming and tropical, evoking the nostalgia of a long beach walk. If overly feminine scents are not your thing, this unisex fragrance is the perfect beach-y option.

Best Playful Spring Scent – Perfect by Marc Jacobs

Price – $125

Size – 1.6 oz

Fragrance Family: Florals

Named accordingly, this is truly the perfect light & playful fragrance! With notes of daffodil and almond milk, it brings a gentle sense of rejuvenation with each spritz. If the scent doesn’t tempt you, the shelf-appeal will! The cheeky, playful bottle design makes a wonderful collector’s item.

Best Fresh Spring Scent – Rain by Clean Reserve

Price – $75

Size – 1.7 oz

Fragrance Family: Fresh

This is one of my longtime, tried & true favorites, and I couldn’t help but add it! The fragrance is just subtle enough. Each spritz is a miniature “everything shower”, evoking an irresistible sensation of freshness. With notes of bergamot and white flower, it offers a calming, natural scent perfect for both men and women. Not to mention – vegan, gluten-free, and phthalate-free.

Pricing courtesy of https://www.sephora.com/

My name is Grace Henderson, and I am a Fashion Institute of Technology student with a deep love for writing and a passion for storytelling in all modes. I have an AAS degree in Fashion Design, and I am currently working toward a BFA in Fabric Styling with a double minor in French and Writing. I believe that all forms of art and storytelling are valuable and interconnected! When not in school, I work as a graphic designer for a luxury, NYC-based fashion boutique. I design assets for social media and E-commerce marketing, assist the art director and social media manager, and best of all, get to be surrounded by beautiful clothing and fresh, exciting brands! Working in the luxury space has given me a massive appreciation for the true craftsmanship and love that goes into creating clothing as well as a first-hand look into the behind-the-scenes of digital marketing and brand identity. In my free time, I enjoy writing short stories, thrifting, museum-hopping, exploring NYC with friends, dancing, and learning French!