This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Podcasts can be beneficial for many reasons but the most important one may be that they allow you to multitask. In my case, I listen to a podcast every time I’m doing classwork to help me get through the assignment. Or when I’m tossing and turning at night, I’ll go on Spotify and click on the podcast I want to listen to help me fall asleep. It works every time. It can also be a good method of self-care: if I feel depressed or anxious about a situation, I can go on Spotify to ease my feelings. Therefore, if you are looking for a new podcast to listen to, here are my recommendations:

Two idiot girls: drew & deison afaulo

You may recognize Drew Afaulo from her Tik Tok videos where she puts misogynistic bigots in their place with her hilarious comebacks. Apart from her known show The Comment Section with Drew Afaulo, she has another one with her sister Deison Afaulo called Two Idiot Girls. I remember listening to one of their episodes during winter break, which inevitably led me to binge-watch the entire series. These two are hilarious; they pick a topic for the week’s podcast and share memories that somehow relate to it. I look forward to a new episode every Tuesday morning. 

SIBLING RIVALRY: Monet x change & Bob the drag queen

Monet X Change and Bob The Drag Queen are famously known for their impact on RuPaul’s Drag Race, Monet X change competed on RuPaul’s Drag Race in season ten, and won All-Stars on season four. Additionally, Bob The Drag Queen won the eighth season of Drag Race. While they are not related, you may find yourself questioning this when hearing or watching an episode of Sibling Rivalry, as these two banter like siblings. One of my favorite episodes includes them eating hot wings, which I could not stop laughing at. They post an episode nearly every day, and I never get tired of any of them.

Unhinged with chris klemens

Chris Klemens is known for his podcast, interviews on the street, and striking fashion sense. Every Thursday, he gives out humorous and relatable opinions on relevant topics. Whenever I feel down or need something to distract me, I listen to an old Unhinged episode to help me destress. Once in a while, he’ll bring guests on the pod, which always makes me re-watch the episode. So along with Two Idiot Girls, I always listen to an episode of Unhinged to get me through the week.

Everything is tragic: Hillary staR

Hillary Star is known for her comedic skits on TikTok, where she posts videos of her daily life. She is one of my favorite creators, so when I found out she had created a podcast, I immediately went to Spotify to tune into the first episode. In her podcasts, she dives into the stressors we go through in life, and teaches us how to laugh at ourselves in the meantime. What I love about her podcasts is that she never holds back any thoughts, which can be hysterical, real, or both. She only started the podcast a few months ago, and I certainly hope she will continue for a long time.

Hello! My name is Christine Santiago; my pronouns are she, her, and hers. My major is Political Science/Pre-Law.