12DaysofHC 2021 Day8 Slide2?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
12DaysofHC 2021 Day8 Slide2?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

My List of Essential Beauty Products for Your Makeup Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

There’s a lot of hype all over social media surrounding all of the different types of makeup and beauty products that people tend to spend their money on. I want to share some of my favorite products that I am totally obsessed with and feel are definitely worth buying. 

1. Glossier’s Priming Moisturizer Rich – $35

I’ve never been one to buy really expensive moisturizers when I can get one at a Walgreens or CVS for only $10, but this Glossier face moisturizer is one of the best and most worth-it moisturizers that I have ever tried in my life. It’s a little bit on the pricier side, but I’m telling you, it’s a product that I don’t regret buying for a second. The moisturizer is extremely soft and soothing on the face, and allows you to feel extremely relaxed. It does an amazing job of brightening up your face and leaving it hydrated. The best part about it is that it looks amazing under your makeup and really helps to give your face a super glowy look and feel to it. It also smells amazing!

2. Glow Recipe’s Avocado Melt Retinol Eye Cream – $42

Have you ever gotten extremely frustrated and annoyed with having dark and baggy shadows under your eyes that you can’t seem to get rid of? This eye cream is the perfect solution to help solve this super annoying problem. I had tried everything from concealer to eye pads to try and get rid of the dark bags under my eyes, and this cream is the only thing that helped. It brightens the bags under your eyes tremendously and allows them to look super hydrated. The only thing to keep in mind is that it contains retinol, which makes you a little sensitive to the sun during the day. 

3. Rare Beauty’s Soft Pinch Liquid Blush – $23

I used to exclusively use powder blush, but, almost a month ago, I started using this liquid blush in the shade ‘Hope’ and it has changed my life. This blush is totally worth it! It’s super cool how you can apply the blush on your cheeks with a wand, which, in my opinion, applying blush so much easier than before. The shade also comes out super pigmented and is long-lasting. This is a beauty product I totally recommend and could not live without. It really brings your entire makeup look to full completion!

4. Fenty Beauty’s Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter – $40

This is one of the fanciest and prettiest highlighter duo sets I’ve ever tried. The set comes with two different highlighter shades that are equally amazing! They’re both super glimmery and help bring out your eyes, especially when you add eyeshadow to your makeup look. The highlighter duo also gives you that super girly and feminine feeling that makes you feel like a superstar! It also lasts a long time and is really good quality. I definitely recommend it if you’re looking for a good highlighter set to help complete and compliment your makeup look.

5. Fenty Beauty’s Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer – $35

This bronzer from the Fenty Beauty collection creates amazing natural shadows on your face, helping you to round out a beautiful and natural makeup look. Together, the Fenty highlighter set and the bronzer are absolute makeup essentials that make for an overall stunning makeup look that won’t leave you disappointed. I totally recommend the Fenty Beauty bronzer as an amazing product for contour.

These beauty products are some of my favorite ones that I have ever purchased. They tend to fall on the more expensive side, but these products are totally worth the amount of money you pay. They are all made up of really good quality and really give you that extra glow and sparkle! If anyone is lost or interested in looking for some tips on new and different beauty products to try, I would recommend the products listed above! They’re worth it and certainly do not disappoint!

Hi my name is Amanda! I am a PRACC major and my career goal is to become a content creator marketer or a brand manager for an agency. Some of my hobbies are I love to design, paint, read and write. I also love listening to music, watching movies, and hanging out with my friends! 💗