Style > Fashion

The Best Sustainable Fashion Scenes in Miami

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Sustainable fashion has caught on rapidly and become a popular trend. Thrifting pieces of clothing allow you to curate your unique style instead of buying newly produced pieces that contribute to the fast fashion issue. Miami is an amazing city to find a variety of sustainable fashion markets, stores, and events to amp up your wardrobe in an ethical way. As someone who primarily shops for clothes that are pre-loved and ethically made, here are some of the best Miami spots I have found.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzMEkuFLYd_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Magic City Flea is one of the many vintage & maker’s markets in Miami that hosts events at different locations frequently. There is so much to see and do at these events and you can purchase from a plethora of small businesses!

Peach Tree Revival is a stunning vintage store in downtown Miami that is curated by two best friends/influencers one of which is an interior designer and the other a stylist. Both have had a passion for sustainable fashion that led to them creating this store filled with the most unique pieces of every era and style!

Little River Flea is another great sustainably minded market with a variety of vendors to browse at gorgeous venues throughout Miami.

Szyn Thrift is perfect for those living near FIU who love streetwear. This thrift store specializes in vintage tees, jackets, and pants. The store is always filled with special finds and has a small section for women with dresses, skirts, and tanks.

Lastly, Miami Vintage Market is another place to find events with vendors that specialize in sustainability.

Sofia is a senior studying Public Relations, Advertising, and Applied Communications at FIU. Sofia loves all things writing and art. She was born and raised in New Jersey but currently resides in Miami. Sofia has a passion for seeing new places, trying new things, and delving into the world of different media.