fall day in landis, outside strozier, florida state campus, golden hour
Madeline Schmidt

What a Perfect Day on Campus Looks Like at FSU

One of the best things about being at Florida State University is that there’s always something to do. As a student, I know just how busy life can get between school and work, and sometimes I need a reminder that I go to a beautiful school with so many activities and places to take advantage of. Here are some ways to spend a perfect day on campus.

Get Caffeinated with The Frother’s Daughter coffee

The Frother’s Daughter coffee trailer offers the perfect place just off campus to try so many different delicious and festive coffee treats. They offer such a wide selection of lattes, cold brews, chai, matcha, other tea options, and monthly specials. There’s truly something for everyone!

Since they’re a mobile trailer, their social media page posts weekly updates on where they’re parking, but often throughout the week, they’re on Park Avenue serving college students. If you go, I recommend trying the Mother Frother from the menu; it’s a delicious classic!

Take a Break in Dodd Hall

I can’t think of a more beautiful place to study or relax than Dodd Hall. The cathedral-like atmosphere, the stained glass windows, and the high ceilings make it one of the most comforting places on campus. It’s easy to lock in on an assignment, take a quiz, or even just scroll through Pinterest.

Lay out on Landis Green

When the weather is perfect, Landis Green, right outside of Strozier Library, is crawling with students wanting to soak up some sun and enjoy the beautiful campus. Sometimes I forget that studying doesn’t have to happen inside. I love reading a book for class or doing an assignment lying on a blanket on Landis with friends.

There’s also almost always something going on around the Green, including student clubs trying to raise awareness and participatory events going on. There are also always interesting characters around that make people watching fun. Even if you just want to tan for an hour, Landis Green is a perfect place to spend the day on campus.

See a Movie at the Askew Student Life Center

If you weren’t already aware, Florida State is home to its very own movie theater! The SLC posts the different movies they’re planning to show weekly and when their showing times are on their Instagram. These movies are free for students and feel just like going to the movies anywhere else (except concessions are cheaper!). They also put on different events throughout the year, like a performance of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, that make following them on social media a must so as to not miss anything!

Play a Game in the Student Union

How many schools can say their students can go bowling in their student union? It can be so easy to forget that just downstairs is an entire bowling alley and billiards room to hang out in. The prices to play are very student-friendly and make it easy to challenge your friends to a game while enjoying the campus.

Take a workout Class at the Leach

If you’re someone who wants to work out but doesn’t know where to start and doesn’t want to go alone, the Campus Rec exercise classes are perfect to look into. So many different classes are taught throughout the week, including pilates, yoga, barre, and total body sculpt. These are student-led classes that are completely free for FSU students!

To sign up, download the FSU Campus Rec app, sign in with your FSU ID, select “Group Fitness,” and browse the different classes offered that week. Remember to sign up 25 hours before the class to secure your spot, as the classes can fill up quickly!

With a campus this big, there is so much to do and see as a student here. Next time you’re bored between classes or want to explore the campus, try something new!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Dara Cadzow is a Junior at Florida State University from St. Petersburg, Florida. This is her third semester writing for Her Campus!