Top Ten Free FSU Events During Women’s History Month

Florida State University’s Women’s Student Union (WSU) has unique events in order this upcoming March, and you must check them out. Being on WSU’s Women’s History Month Committee, I have the inside scoop on all the best activities and which ones you absolutely must go to. Mark your calendars because this month will be exhilarating and you won’t want to miss it!

1. Leadership Panel on March 6

Do you want to learn more about being a powerful and admirable leader? For this event, WSU partnered with WIN (Women In NAACP) to bring you a panel full of young, inspiring women speaking on leadership and their experiences. This event will take place in the Redina Room from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., across from the Alumni Center Ballroom.

2. Yoga With the Union Board on March 8

Join the Women Student Union board for a fun morning of yoga on Landis Green! This event will take place at 9 a.m. and will be sure to get you in a zen state of mind just in time for spring break!

3. Debunking Womxn’s Health Misconceptions on March 20

For this event, WSU joined forces with Planned Parenthood Generation Action and the Reproductive Health Club at FSU to bring you an informative evening all about women’s health. It takes place in Globe Room 2500 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This event will have a special guest and many fun activities to make the most of your evening. They will be giving out complimentary journals, stickers and much more. Stick around to the end of the event and you’ll receive a goodie bag too!

4. Self-Care, Sisterhood and Unity on March 21

This event is one of my personal favorites, being that we get to create friendship bracelets and self-care routines! This event will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Student Union Room 2212. Scrapbooking is also in order during the event, helping us bloom into our best selves while eating yummy snacks. We’ll all be thriving by the end of this event.

5. Roller Skating on March 22

This event is arguably one of the coolest. Bring your friends and enjoy a night of roller skating and rocking out to some of the best women empowerment songs! This event will be held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Skate World Tallahassee at zero cost. As if this event wasn’t already so great, all expenses, including roller skates and snacks, are covered by Women Student Union.

6. Bowling on March 26

Remember the bowling alley in the Student Union? Well, on March 26 you’ll be enjoying complimentary equipment while bowling with your besties. The event is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Union Bowling Alley.

7. Don’t Worry Darling Showing on March 27

I guess WSU heard our calls. One of the most popular movies of 2022 is coming to the ASLC! Grab your snacks from the ASLC’s snack station and enjoy Florence Pugh and Harry Styles’ amazing performance.

8. Book Talk: Eloquent Rage on March 28

Want to be the aesthetic book girl of your dreams? Make sure to pick up a free book at WSU’s Market Wednesday table and come to our book talk from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Student Union Room 2213. Take it from me, this book is one of a kind, as it discusses intersectionality and feminism. During the book talk, attendees will discuss their favorite moments from the book with their fellow book lovers, all while snacking on some delicious treats.

9. Women’s History Month Banquet on March 30

What’s a great way to end March 2023? A banquet with an awards ceremony, giving out awards to the most inspirational and spirited women of FSU. This event is the perfect time to take out that beautiful dress that you’ve been meaning to wear. You’ll be there from drinks till dinner, and a social hour to speak to your fellow constituents. Make sure to mark your calendars for 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Student Union Ballrooms for this lavish night.

10. Super-Secret Event on March 31

As if all the rest of the events weren’t enough, WSU has yet another event planned — except this one is a surprise. And let me tell you, it’s a good one. Save the date and stay tuned to the WSU Instagram for more information in the coming weeks!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest!

Reese Hrannarsson is a staff writer at the Her Campus at Florida State University chapter. She writes bi-weekly articles surrounding personal, culture, and campus topics. Beyond Her Campus, Reese is the Director of Finance for Florida State University's Women Student Union and the Secretary for the Women In Government club. She is a sophomore majoring in Political Science and Economics and is interested in working in government. In her free time, Reese enjoys going biking and spending time with family and friends. She also loves travelling and hopes to travel to every U.S. capital.