This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

I never really watch TV shows because I end up getting so obsessed that I sometimes
put off doing work. However, last week I decided to watch White Lotus because I did not
have that much homework and I heard good things about the show. Although I did not
watch the first season, I ended up watching the second, so here’s my review!

I enjoyed how right from the beginning they showed there was a murder at the White
Lotus hotel, and then backtracked a week. It made me suspicious throughout the whole
season about who got killed and who was the murderer. Additionally, I also loved the
beautiful scenery of Italy. There’s the story of the two couples on vacation together, with
Aubrey Plaza and her recently successful husband Ethan, and Theo James’ Character,
who is Ethan’s college roommate, with his bubbly and seemingly naive wife Daphne.
Then there is the grandfather, father, and son trio taking a family vacation, minus their
mother and sister because they were so angry at the father for his infidelity. Additionally,
there is the iconic Jennifer Coolidge, who arrives with her uncommitted husband and
her lost assistant. Yet, after him leaving early into the vacation, they befriend a local
group of gay men and spend lots of time with them. Lastly, there are the two local Italian
girls, Lucia and Mia, with one having ambitions of owning her own store and the other of
becoming a singer. Yet, both try to make money as hookers in the hotel and get involved
with numerous guests.

I enjoyed the show, however, I wish I felt more obsessed throughout the whole show,
and not just the last episode or two. I felt like the season was slow-moving and just a
collection of random scenes of people’s lives. Yet, it was cool to see when their paths
crossed and interacted with one another. I found it interesting how you knew multiple
things were going wrong in all of the storylines, and how ultimately a murder would take
place in such a beautiful, happy place. I just don’t think I was as consumed as I thought
I would be. However, I have heard many other people who said they love this show. I
don’t want to spoil anything, but overall, I would say it is interesting to watch, I am just
not sure it is a “must-see”. However, Jennifer Coolidge’s outfits definitely are.

Ashley Bunici

Holy Cross '26

Ashley Bunici is from Long Island, New York and is a Political Science Major and Disability Studies Minor, on the pre-law track. She loves to volunteer and be involved in clubs, spend time with friends and family, and travel.