This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Fall brings cozy weather, pumpkin treats, and Halloween excitement. However, many ring in the season with the plethora of products and shopping potential that kicks off in October. Whether it’s stocking up on all of the autumnal scents at Bath and Body Works or grabbing cute decorations from your local grocery store, many products can add a little fun to your fall season.

Bath and Body Works Leaves Candle

While unfortunately not allowed for college students living in residence halls, a festive candle can be the perfect way to get into the fall mood. Making your space cozy by lighting a candle with an autumnal scent can be a great way to kick off October. Throwing on a scary movie or drinking some pumpkin coffee will only add to the at-home experience.

Pumpkin Spice Oreos

It is no surprise that shoppers can find just about any product in a pumpkin spice form. While the flavor can definitely be a hit or a miss, pumpkin spice Oreos are a very fun treat. Found at most local grocery stores, these seasonal Oreos can add to any Halloween party or cozy night-in. 

PINK Basic Pumpkin Lotion

It is no secret that a pumpkin version of nearly any product is readily available when summer ends, however, a pumpkin-scented lotion can actually be a great way to implement self-care with a fall twist. Switching lotion or other body care scents to match the season or holiday can be a really fun way to change your usual routine. Shoppers can not go wrong with PINK’s body care line, which lasts for a long time and can typically be found during a great sale.

Mini Pumpkin Decorations

Despite the lack of space in many college students’ dorms and apartments, a touch of Halloween can add to any room. For shoppers on a budget, minimal decorations are a great and cost-effective option. Target always has a fun, fall section this time of year with options to decorate your space. Placing pumpkins on a desk can make the grueling study sessions a little more bearable or brighten your day on your bed stand.

Pumpkin Spice K-Cups

K-cups can be a great option for students trying to save money on drinks. While grabbing a Pumpkin Spice Latte every day can be tempting, brewing coffee in your room does not have to be boring. With seasonal K-cups or coffee grounds, at-home coffee can be just as tasty. Topping it off with a fall mug can also make all the difference. 

Halloween String Lights

Another way to liven up your space in preparation for Halloween is string lights. Found in many different spooky editions, such as ghosts, pumpkins, or bats, they can be placed just about anywhere. Whether to light up your desk or decorate your walls, string lights are an easy way to incorporate a touch of Halloween into your dorm or apartment.

Haley Maser

Illinois '26

I am a freshman at UIUC majoring in journalism. I am a member of the editorial and marketing teams for Her Campus.