Style > Fashion

5 Easy Last Minute Group Halloween Costumes

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, and costume planning can be stressful, especially this last minute. “Halloweekend” costume planning is even more stressful, since most of the time you are expected to wear multiple costumes, coordinate with a bunch of friends, and look great. However, to most people the most important part of wearing a group costume is having the best one, and here are some great and trendy ideas for this Halloween!

1. Love island girls/ppg

“Love Island USA” has blown up all over social media, and if your group is looking for a costume, this would be a great one for this year. Groups of couples could dress up together, or a group of girls could be some of the “Love Island” girls. This costume would work best with a trio, since Leah Kateb, Serena Page, and JaNa Craig have claimed themselves as PPG, and have become the most popular friend group from the show.

This costume could easily be done by wearing any sort of dresses and heels for girls, and any sort of formal suit wear if guys decide to join in. If you want to elevate the costume either further, the group could dress in the costumes from the Heart Rate Challenge in Episode 31 of the latest season.

2. Victoria’s Secret Angels

The Victoria’s Secret fashion show officially came back this year on Oct. 15. Victoria’s Secret Angels have always been iconic, and in this year’s fashion show so many iconic models like Adriana Lima and Kate Moss walked on the runway. This costume would be really cute for a group or an individual costume, and could be easily done on a short notice.

For this costume all you would need are angel wings, and a cute dress or outfit. Depending on how sexy you want the costume to be you could just wear a bra and underwear, but if you want to be more modest you could wear silk pajamas. You could be really creative with this costume and it any variation would be super cute!

3. Outer Banks Characters

Season 4 of “Outer Banks” just came out on Oct. 10 which has made the show popular again. Being the main cast, JJ, John B, Sarah Cameron, Pope, Kiara, and Cleo, would be a great group costume for a mix of girls and guys. Pulling it off would also be easy since most people would already have the items they need in their closet, and it would be super recognizable.

For girls, you would just need jean shorts, tank tops/sports bras, and Hawaiian style shirts. For the boys, you would just need shorts, bandanas, and button ups. Overall the costume is simple, cheap, and would get a lot of compliments!

hawaii jeep surf board beach
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

4. Deadpool variations

“Deadpool and Wolverine” came out earlier this year, and many different variations of Deadpool were featured. Some variations included “Ladypool” and “Babypool” along with many others. I think a cute group costume would be some of these different variations of Deadpool, however it would require more planning and DIY-ing than the other costumes on this list.

Most people in the group would have to buy a Deadpool costume, which could be pretty pricey. DIY-ing could also be an option, but it would take some time and effort. But if the group is willing to put the money or effort in then the costume could turn out really cool!

5. Magic mike

Last, but certainly not least, is the classic costume magic mike. This costume is seen all over TikTok, and is a cute spin on the movie “Magic Mike.” This costume could be done by a group of girls and guys, and is really simple as most items would be found in everyone’s closet.

The only things needed for the costume is a pair of jeans, a white tank top, and a hat. However, if the group wants to jazz it up, bandanas and ties could be good additions to the costumes. On social media, girls often leave little parts of their bras and underwear out to add a funny, but sexy touch to the costume. The costume is cheap and efficient, and never gets corny or old!

Overall these group costumes would be super cute, and would especially be trendy this year. Hopefully you and your friends take notes, and dress up as one or more of these group costumes this year!

Mia Mitchell is a first year member at Her Campus KU, and is a part of the writing team. She is a freshman at KU, and is originally from Zion, Illinois. Outside of Her Campus, Mia is on the KJHK Sports social media team. She is majoring in Journalism and minoring in Sports Management. Mia hopes to one day work for a professional sports team, specifically in social media or writing. In her free time, Mia likes to hang out with friends, listen to music, and take long walks in scenic areas.