The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Over the past year, I have become obsessed with building my collection of lipsticks. As someone who barely used to wear any lipstick besides the occasional lip balm or gloss, I now love wearing lipstick! It makes me feel more put together and sometimes it just complements whatever Iā€™m wearing. Iā€™m particularly inclined to more berry-toned and ā€œvampyā€ shades, so you can imagine how excited I am now that fall has arrived. I think thereā€™s just something about wearing a cozy sweater and my Doc-Martens and putting on a lipstick shade to tie the whole look together. So, here are the lipstick colors that I think are perfect for fall.

The NYX Slim Lip Pencil in the shade ā€˜Espressoā€™:

I know this is technically a lip pencil and not lipstick, but I had to include it. I use this as a lip liner when applying the other shades on this list. I typically donā€™t wear lip liners, but countless users on TikTok mentioned this product as a great brown lip pencil. I may be easily influenced, but this is genuinely a great product! Whenever I combine it with my lipstick, it just looks so good! Itā€™s also pretty long-lasting, so I donā€™t have to reapply a lot during the day.

The about-face Cherry Pick Lip Color Butter in the shade ā€˜The Cranberriesā€™:

Iā€™ve loved Halsey since I was in middle school, and her makeup brand, about-face, is incredible as well. Iā€™m also obsessed with her THE PERFORMER Skin-Focused Foundation; itā€™s easily one of the best foundations Iā€™ve ever used and has such an amazing shade range that I was able to find the right shade on the first try. But, getting back to the lipstick – this is so hydrating and wears beautifully. I was drawn to the shade ā€˜The Cranberriesā€™ in particular, not only because itā€™s gorgeous, but because I also love the Irish rock band by the same name. To me, itā€™s the perfect reddish-brown lipstick color. I will say that it is scented, which may be something to consider if you arenā€™t a fan of products containing fragrance.

The Clinique Pop Plush Creamy Lip Gloss in the shade ā€˜Black Honey Popā€™:

Finally, I was not immune to the Black Honey obsession thatā€™s everywhere online. Black Honey is a shade that Clinique created and made products ranging from blush, mascara, and of course, lipstick. It is a berry color that just looks stunning on everyone Iā€™ve seen wearing it. I have the gloss version; it is a thick formula without being too sticky and also lasts such a long time. Itā€™s definitely a staple in my lipstick collection.

Olivia Post

Lasell '26

Olivia Post is the President of the Her Campus at Lasell chapter. She oversees all matters relating to the chapter, from editorial content to on-campus events. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a student ambassador and a member of the Leadership Team for the Blue Key Society at Lasell. She is also a Peer Tutor with the Lasell Academic Achievement Center. She is currently a junior at Lasell University, studying Secondary Education and English with a minor in Spanish. In her free time, Olivia enjoys reading, playing video games, and spending time with her friends. She can also be found working on her latest crochet project, or watching Bones with her roommate.