Shopping and Saving (Stores that offer college discounts)

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

After thorough research, I realized that I have been spending more money than I needed to.  There are so many stores that have discounts that I have never heard of or expected.  If you are into saving, here are a few stores with important students discounts.

Amazon has a deal where students can get free two-day shipping for six months and a discounted Prime account.  I have never met a college student who doesn’t use Amazon and having a discounted Amazon Prime account is key for fast shopping.

If you need a new computer during your time at college, or even entering college, you need to tell Apple that you are a college student.  They offer up to $200 off of a new Mac computer.  Tons of people use laptops while at college or after college and having a small portable laptop for a cheaper price is very intriguing.

Bed Bath and Beyond is the perfect place to go when back to school shopping.  When you sign up for the College Saving Pass, you will receive 20% off of everything you purchase.  This isn’t a one use offer either, it lasts for a few months.  If you shop online, you will also get free shipping on orders over $39.

At many Chick-fil-A and Chipotle locations, students can get a free drink with their purchase with their valid student ID.

Some Dunkin’ locations allow students to take 10% off of their order, which I have never heard of and I doubt the one by Manhattan College allows for this, but I am looking forward to trying this at other locations.

Subway allows a 10% discount for students with the use of a valid student ID.  With the amount of times I go to Subway, I wish I knew about this one.

Many clothing stores also accept a college ID in return for a discounted price.  Many students have reported that with your college ID, you can get 15% off at Juicy Couture stores.  Since Juicy sets are coming back, this allows for a discount on these cute sets.  Adidas gives a discount of up to 25% off.  At Aeropostale, you can take up to 15% off.  At American Eagle, you can take up to 20% off and Calvin Klein is up to 10% off.

Getting a Discover it Student Cashback Card is also a great way to save money.  Students are able to get 5% cash back on everyday purchases and there are other offers every month that you can save more money with.

It is easy to save money at many stores as a college student.  You just have to carry around your college ID and simply ask different places if there is a discount for college students!

Emily Gianni

Manhattan '24

Hi I'm Emily! I am in my Senior Year at Manhattan College, graduating in Spring 2024. I am studying Childhood Special Education with an upward extension to middle school with a double major in English. My goal in life is to teach elementary school and later on, teach middle school. Although I don't have a position in my Her Campus chapter, I am still an active writer for Her Campus! I write about all different topics for Her Campus, anything that interests me or that I believe other girls will find useful and informational. I am a team captain on the Manhattan College cheerleading team, so I may write about that sometimes. I also love sorority rush season so I have written about my sorority a few times. I believe that Her Campus is an amazing source for women to put their work out there and influence other girls. I love being a part of this organization and being able to write about whatever I love. This is the best outlet for me to learn more about my writing style, experiment with different topics that I would not be allowed to write about in a class, and grow as a writer.