This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Do you ever feel bored listening to the same music on repeat during your walks through campus, but have never had the time to create the perfect playlist? Lately, podcasts have reinvented my strolls to class or lunch. Here’s my perfectly curated list of podcasts for any mood you can experience during the week.

1. NPR News Now

“Live from NPR News,” the commentator says to open up the episode. Every morning starts with the same familiar greeting.

This is the perfect playlist to listen to while you’re getting ready in the morning or have a short walk to your first class of the day. NPR News Now has been streaming on Spotify since 2018. NPR releases new episodes every morning and they pack in all the national and international news you need to know in just five short minutes.

2. Anything Goes with emma chamberlain

Launched in February 2020, Anything Goes is a podcast by YouTuber Emma Chamberlain. Listening to this podcast truly feels like you’re on the phone with a friend. She talks about everything from forming good habits to burnout. Episodes last around an hour, so it’s the perfect length to fill in all of your walks around campus.

3. Stuff Mom Never Told You

This podcast began in 2009 and revolves around research-based conversations about gender and womanhood. On Stuff Mom Never Told You, the segment “Women Around the World” spotlights different women in different lifestyles and careers. With Women’s History Month right around the corner, this podcast is a wonderful reminder of how amazing being a woman is.

4. My Favorite Murder

If you’re anything like me and you love true crime documentaries, you’ll love the podcast My Favorite Murder. Since 2016, hosts Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark have opened every episode with a new murder and unfolded the mystery, solved or not, with hilarious commentary. Their friendship shines through in this podcast and makes the dark topics a little lighter. Episodes range from 30 minutes to an hour and are perfect for making your walk around campus a little more interesting.

A good place to look for podcasts is under genres in Spotify; they have everything from comedy and business to video games. Podcasts are a great way to elevate your walk to class and an opportunity to learn about topics that you otherwise aren’t exposed to.

Hey! My name is Catherine Crayon and I'm from Kansas City, Missouri. (Go Chiefs!) I'm currently a freshman studying journalism. Recent interests of mine include exploring downtown Columbia, watching crime documentaries, and good, old fashioned hanging out with friends. One day, I hope to work for a lifestyle magazine or a creative agency.