10 Inspirational Taylor Swift Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Taylor Swift has always been wise beyond her years. Her song lyrics can nuture you through a tough break up, empower you out of a funk, justify your mistakes, and tell you cute stories.. like hypothetically crashing a wedding (You didn’t really do that… right Tay?) But she’s also said some super awesome and relatable things in interviews, making us all jealous of her poise, grace and all around perfection.

• “People haven’t always been there for me but music always has.” 
  • “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.” 
  • “Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you’ll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.” 
  • “Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, be that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, be that independent girl who didn’t need a man; be that girl who never backed down.” 
  • “The first step to receiving negativity is to decide whether or not it is the opinion of somebody who you care about. If it’s somebody who I respect, then I really do take it into account because “haters gonna hate” only applies to people who are simply criticizing you because their life sucks” 
  • I think it’s about taking pride in the fact that you know who you are and it honestly doesn’t matter if someone else doesn’t understand you.” 
  • Being a powerful woman who also exhibits great warmth is an incredible feat because people think that to be powerful you have to be cold, and you don’t. 
  • “If you’re lucky enough to be different dont ever change.” 
  • “We should love, not fall in love. Because everything that falls gets broken.” 
  • “To me fearless isn’t not having fears, it’s not that you’re not afraid of anything. I think that being fearless is having a lot of fears, but you jump anyway.”

Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside