GHOE Concert Lineup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

It’s almost here again, every Aggie’s favorite time of year: GHOE. For any readers who are unfamiliar with the festive acronym, it stands for “Greatest Homecoming On Earth”. Few can argue with the statement as year after year, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University consistently rates #1 for HBCU homecomings. Homecoming is a very special time where students and alumni gather together for a full week of fun activities and events that re-instill in us our overwhelming amount of Aggie Pride! As far as preparation goes, for us students, the most anticipated occurrence is undeniably the GHOE concert line up.

Only second to the actual homecoming football game itself, the concert is the most attended event during the busy week. It’s easy to understand why, the performers who come to the concert are some of the biggest names in the music industry at the current time. Just in the past two years alone, rappers and singers such as Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Wale, Lil Boosie, and Future have all performed in the humble Greensboro Coliseum. Prior to the school year even starting, a survey is sent out to all students to get accurate opinions on which artists should be chosen to be asked to perform. Ultimately, the final decision for the lineup is made by the Student Union Activities Board and the Student Government Association, along with a few higher administration members as well. Normally in years past, the highly anticipated lineup is announced at the annual Organization Fair early in September. This year, students and faculty alike were in total shock as they only announced the lineup for……the Comedy Show. The bewilderment only grew as the announcers stated that the concert line up was being made at the SUAB Block Party, which was a whole week away.

After the long wait the day had finally come and the concert lineup was announced at last. Performing this year at the 2016 Homecoming Concert are; “Young Thug, Lil Uzi Vert, PARTYNEXTDOOR (PND), Young Dolph, and OT Genesis”. A few students’ responses to the line up included:

“I’m excited about the concert line up because my favorite artist, PARTYNEXTDOOR, is coming.” –Jesha, Junior

“The line up is okay, I’m going. But if we had got like Gucci or J. Cole or someone, it’d be a lot more hype.” –Kristina, Sophomore

“The GHOE lineup is okay. I like PND but everyone else could have been replaced with artists that have more substance to their music such as Kendrick (Lamar), J. Cole, and Chance (the Rapper). I’ll definitely be in attendance though.” –Marcell, Junior

We want to know what you think about this year’s concert lineup, and if you will be buying a ticket or not. Let us know by commenting and subscribing to our social media profiles. Happy Early GHOE Aggies!

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.