Fall is Here: The Best Ways To Kick off the Season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

One of the best ways to celebrate the fall season and fall weather is to immerse yourself within all things fall! Pumpkin spice and all things nice is the best way to capture the chill in the air. Time for hay rides, pumpkin patches, cider, and your favorite nostalgic movies to welcome spooky season!

Movies and TV SHows:

To surround yourself in all of the autumn vibes, turn on your tv, it is time to pop some popcorn and watch some of my favorite fall classics.

Gilmore Girls

The most amazing show to capture the true feelings of fall is a cult favorite and classic, the 2000s show, Gilmore Girls. Nothing compares to watching Rory and Lorelai explore life, love, and the importance of family through all seven seasons of the classic. This is one of my personal favorite shows, and the theme song of the show is also the theme song of fall. Get comfy, and as Richard Gilmore said, “I am an autumn.”

Halloween Town

My favorite fall movie has to be Halloweentown and the cinematic universe it is. It is one of my childhood favorite holiday movies, and as soon as the chill in the air hits and Halloween decorations pop up in Target, I turn it on. I know many people dreamed of riding the magic, flying school bus to travel to Halloweentown, so be sure to relive your childhood this fall!

Activities:

Pumpkin decorating

Pumpkin decorating is such a classic fall activity, and a classic carved pumpkin brings all the spooky vibes, but also a bit of a mess. A less messy alternative it to paint pumpkins, invite friends, and get creative creating your pumpkin masterpieces. This is the perfect get together to join in on the spooky vibes with friends and celebrate the season!

@liliakazakova

this is your sign to have a cozy pumpkin decorating night with your girls 🎃🌸🎀 so excited that fall is officially here which means its time for cozy autumnal activities like pumpkin decorating, cozy movie nights & scary halloween horror dates! tag your besties below because decorating these pumpkins with dried flowers was so cute! 🍂🍁🕯️ #falldiy #pumpkindecor #pinktober #pinkoween #fall2024 #pinkfall #pinkautumn #softgirlaesthetic #pinkgirlaesthetic #pinkaesthetics #pinterestgirlsnight #cozyfallvibes #autumn2024 #girlsnightin #girlsnightideas #fallactivity #fallactivities #autumnactivities #pinkhalloween #pinkoweenparty @Arianna @Kamrylorin @Michelechung @Mary Gonzales

♬ we fell in love in october – girl in red

Pumpkin patches, hayrides, and corn mazes

Every fall, my family goes to a local farm that has a hayride, pumpkin patch, and a corn maze that would take hours for my little sister and I to finally escape growing up. The memories at such a special place are ones that I hold to so dearly and highly recommend everyone to go visit your local patch!

Food:

Pillsbury Halloween cookies

The cult classic cookies make their debut reappearance each fall, and once they are in store, I know fall has fell. I have to withhold myself from devouring an entire box (they are that good). Cozy up with cider, your favorite fall movie, and these cookies for the perfect autumn day!

pumpkin spice latte

The Starbucks fall menu is always a hit, especially once it is PSL season! I love coffee and pumpkin so a pumpkin spice latte always hits the spot, I go on drop day every year and this season I have already had more than I can count. I highly recommend coffee shop hopping, trying local shops, and even protecting your at home recipe this season!

@livcakes77

Pumpkin Spice Latte😍🧡🍂 #pumpkinspicelatte #pumpkin #livcakesfall #autumninaugust #livcakes #fall #coffeetiktok #pumpkinspice #fallcoffee #pumpkinseason #coffeebar #coffeeathome #coffeerecipe #fallrecipe #aesthetic #viral #fyp #coffee #latte #togo #nespresso #espresso #asmr Recipe – 2 tbsp pumpkin pie syrup – 1 tbsp pumpkin pie sauce – 2 shots espresso – 8 oz steamed/frothed milk – Whipped cream – Cinnamon sugar

♬ why is this lowkey famous – 🎄🍂

Enjoy this spooky season, try out my picks, and even create your own ideas! Happy fall y’all!

Wynn Ireland is a member of Her Campus at NC State University and is passionate about writing, and sharing her voice on current subject matters. She is also on the Her Campus executive board at NCSU and runs her chapter's social media platforms. She also loves the opportunity to share her voice to empower women and give a female narrative to current society and the implications of such. Wynn is a junior at North Carolina State University and is a political science major with a pre legal focus. She is minoring in journalism and is especially passionate about Her Campus due to this interest. She also had a Business Administration minor to work toward marketing! She is an active member of the Delta Zeta sorority and the alumni chairman of her chapter. Wynn is also a member of Kappa Alpha Pi Pre-Legal Fraternity and is on the exec board as the VP of Programming. Wynn is an advocate for mental health and works to promote mental wellness on campus. She is a passionate volunteer and works with the Red Cross as a volunteer writing lead. Wynn is one of the biggest swifties you will ever meet, and you can often find her with her headphones in listen to Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) on repeat. Wynn enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her sorority sisters, family, and 2 pups and 2 cats. She is an unintentional beauty guru who often cannot be found without a Sephora order in the mail. On top of everything else you can often also catch her having “grandma time” where she sits and crotches while watching early 2000s romcoms with a cup of hot tea.