Style > Fashion

Halloweens Calling: She Asked What are you Going to be? Duo Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

It’s officially spooky season and Halloween is just a few short weeks away! Whether this is your first year at college or your last you should know halloween is not just a one night event but rather a weekend of cute, stylish, gory and overall fantastic costumes.While some may have this years costume lineup already chosen I have compiled a list of costume Ideas you can do with your partner or best friend. For those of you who have not yet chosen what outfit you will be strutting in I hope you find your costume or at least one night’s costume down below.

Tiana and Charlotte

If you are a disney fan but havent found your prince yet who cares you can still be a disney princess but with your bestie!

Serena And Blair

Grab your S or B and go out on the town for a night, live like Manhattan’s elite and make your hometown the Upper east side for a few hours. xoxo Gossip Girl

Barbies

This is the year of Barbie and there are so many different versions you could be. You could be Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse Barbie and you can grab your friend to be Raquelle or….

You could be cowgirl Barbie while your friend could be any other Barbie (President, Dr., Lawyer, Weird,etc.) They could even be Gloria from this summer’s movie that had everyone talking. If neither of those barbies is calling your name you could opt for any barbie from one of the many animated movies such as Princes Charm School, Princess and the Pauper and many others.

Men in black

This is a great option if you are not trying to break the bank or need a last minute costume option as you most likely will have all the things you need (and if you don’t your dad or boyfriend just might). All you need is a white button up, a black skirt or shorts,black shoes and a tie.

Perry the platypus and doofenshmirtz

This is a fun and cute option you can do that has a little bit of humor!

Lightning McQueen and Mater

Keeping along the lines of disney this is another great option that is cute and easy to throw together.

Princes leia and Han solo

Grab your boyfriend or guy friend and sit down to put on a star wars movie because this year you can strut around as Princess Leia with your very own Han Solo at your side. Get ready to practice those iconic space buns.

Peter pan and wendy

A classic option that is relatively easy to execute just get some ribbon and a blue dress, a green shirt and a green hat like Peters and you’ve got Peter Pan and Wendy Darling.

Remy and the chef from ratatouille

Who knew a rat could be so stylish. Though you could also do this with things you more likely already have in your closet which will make for a cute yet a slightly more relaxed take on this costume. This is a fun option that’s a little more outside the box.

Spongebob and patrick

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea Spongebob Squarepants. This is a funny idea to execute with your bestie. I suggest the passenger princess be Spongebob.

Princes peach and daisy 

Another great option that is easy to recognize and could easily be turned into a group costume by adding more of the characters!

Mario and luigi

This goes along with the option above. Such a cute option that can be built from your wardrobe.

Cher and dionne

A classic costume that is stylish and iconic! So grab your friend, turn on Clueless and build your perfect outfits based on them.

Lava  girl and shark boy

This one brings out the nostalgia and is a cute costume that will be recognized by many so… ” close your eyes, shut your mouth, dream a dream, and get us out. Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream.”-Sharkboy and dream about how you will kill this outfit!

Curious George and the man in the yellow hat

Grab your man, have him dress in yellow and put a yellow hat on. Then find a brown body suit or a brown dress, pair it with some ears and you’ve got everyone’s favorite man and monkey..

Katniss and peeta

If you want to go for a classic that is not as common Peeta and Katniss could be your perfect option! put your hair in a braid and try to find gear you think katniss would be wearing in the Hunger Games to take it to the next level don’t forget your bow and arrows and you will be the next Mockingjay!

Mavis and jonathan

If you have a cute bob and a redhead partner this is a classic comfy and chill option that will be sure to get you compliments!

Batman and catwoman

For all my queens who believe “Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no girls can say anything else about it”- Mean Girls. You could grab a tight black latex suite with a zipper up the front and a man in a suite.

Statue of liberty and a tourist

This is a good option for the girls that love to go all out but the friends/partners who like to keep things on the comfy side.

Shining twins

Grab your doppelganger or actual twin and the matching blue dresses and doll yourself up and go out on the town.

I hope this list has helped you plan an outfit to strut the streets of Raleigh in. Happy spooky season

Samantha Moutsatsos is a returning member to Her Campus at NCSU. This is her Third year being a part of the organization. She typically writes on topics focused around pop culture, fashion and the latest trends. Outside of Her Campus, Samantha is working towards a double degree in Chemical Engineering and Paper Science Engineering, with a minor in Polymer and Color Chemistry. This past summer she studied abroad in Lyon, France at ITECH, a small school known for its Leather program. She got to tour a LVMH Leather Tannery, go to a shoe museum and other trips around France while getting hands-on learning in labs and learning to make dyes, paints and cosmetics. Samantha was born in Mineola, New York but spent the 14 years leading up to college in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan with her younger brother and dog Zeus. She loves traveling, writing, making art, hanging out with friends, watching tv shows, shopping and reading in her free time. She is currently watching Madam Secretary on Netflix. After graduating Samantha hopes to start her own makeup company and get the opportunity to travel around the world for work. She hopes to live in Europe for a part of her life. After graduation I hope to continue to write and one day publish a book.