This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

We’ve all seen the headlines shouting Taylor’s name concerning everything from the Era’s Tour, the Era’s Movie, and even her re-recorded albums; little did I or every other Swiftie expect the headline to be Taylor taking center stage on NFL Sunday. 

So why was Taylor there? Swift was spotted at Arrowhead Studium in Kansas City on Sunday, 9/24/2024. Taylor was spotted sitting next to Donna Kelce, Travis Kelce’s mother, decked out in Chiefs fan gear. The NFL went as far as to give Taylor a spotlight moment on the big screen and from there the Swifties went wild. Twitter exploded with speculation immediately creating fans to jump to theories! Kelce went on the podcast and shares with his NFL brother, Jason Kelce, his disappointment for attending The Era’s Tour and not being able to give Taylor a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it at the concert! 

Why are Swifties so excited? Well for starters, the excitement from the podcast episode drew enough attention from Swifties months ago so that seeing this potential relationship start, makes fans so excited. Following Taylor’s breakup with long time boyfriend, Joe Alwyn, a controversial relationship with Matty Healy was speculated and ultimately ended. Fans are excited for the potential of a new love interest as well as the potential for a new ‘era’ to come out of this potential relationship. A piece of good news Swifties will appreciate is the fact that Taylor was seen leaving the stadium riding shotgun in Kelce’s open topped convertible with no security present. Swifties know this is highly unlike Taylor and shows the comfort she has in Travis! It also gives major Getaway Car vibes…

So did Taylor put Travis on the map? As much as I would like to say yes alongside other Swifties, unfortunately Travis Kelce has made a name for himself. Kelce is known as one of the best tight ends to ever be seen in the league as well as having two Super Bowl wins under his belt. So no, Taylor did not put Travis on the map, but she sure did help him gain 300,000 Instagram followers over night and help sell out the Chiefs next game at MetLife! 

Wynn Ireland is a member of Her Campus at NC State University and is passionate about writing, and sharing her voice on current subject matters. She also loves the opportunity to share her voice to empower women and give a female narrative to current society and the implications of such. Wynn is a sophomore at North Carolina State University and is a political science major with a pre legal focus. She is minoring in journalism and is especially passionate about Her Campus due to this interest. She is an active member of the Delta Zeta sorority and the mental health chairman of her chapter. Wynn is an advocate for mental health and works to promote mental wellness on campus and in her sorority. She is a passionate volunteer and through high school she was president of her school’s junior civitan chapter and her student body classes’ vice president. Wynn is one of the biggest swifties you will ever meet, and you can often find her with her headphones in listen to Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) on repeat. Wynn enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her sorority sisters, family, and 2 pups. She is an unintentional beauty guru who often cannot be found without a Sephora order in the mail. On top of everything else you can often also catch her having “grandma time” where she sits and crotches while watching early 2000s romcoms with a cup of hot tea.