Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
The CW
Life > Experiences

The Top 10 NYC Filming Spots Every ‘Gossip Girl’ Fan Must Visit

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Channel your inner Blair Waldorf with my ultimate guide to your favorite show’s filming locations and landmarks. Here are ten of the most iconic Gossip Girl filming locations in New York City.

the steps of the metropolitan museum of art

Location: 1000 Fifth Ave., Upper East Side

The Met’s grand steps are famous for being the backdrop to many of the showā€™s iconic scenes. Blair Waldorf and her friends were regularly spotted socializing here, indicating that their social activities were concentrated around the Upper East Side.

Constance billard school for girls

Location: 20 E. 74th St., Upper East Side

Constance Billard’s actual building is a private school called the Dalton School. Its gorgeous Gothic architecture and classic New York atmosphere made it the ideal site for the show’s prestigious school for girls.

the plaza hotel

Location: 768 Fifth Ave., Midtown

The Plaza Nyc
    Anna Thetard / Her Campus

The Plaza Hotel is synonymous with luxury and sophistication. It was used as a backdrop for several high-society events and parties throughout the show, emphasizing the lavish nature of the characters’ lifestyles.

st. jude’s school for boys

Location: 240 E. 77th St., Upper East Side

The scenes at the fictional St. Jude’s School for Boys were filmed at the spectacular Dwight-Englewood School in New Jersey, with an incredible representation of the traditional prep school look.

the empire hotel

Location: 44 W. 63rd St., Upper West Side

The Empire Hotel, with its elegant, old-world charm, served as the hangout spot for Chuck Bass. Its rooftop bar is noteworthy, with breathtaking views of the city and a luxurious atmosphere.

Brooklyn Bridge

The Humphreys weren’t Upper-East-Side-elites but had a three-bedroom renovated loft next to the Brooklyn Bridge. Its impressive span and stunning skyline views made it a perfect backdrop for the show.

grand central terminal

Location: 89 E. 42nd St., Midtown

This iconic NYC landmark was used in several scenes, including dramatic and romantic moments. The vast, bustling terminal showcases its stunning Beaux-Arts architecture and majesty.

The New York Public Library

Location: 476 Fifth Ave., Midtown

The enormous New York Public Library, with its famed lion statues and elegant interiors, was the setting for multiple important scenes, including Blair’s wedding preparations.

evan’s park

Location: 21 E. 68th St., Upper East Side

This beautiful green space, known for hosting diverse park scenes and social meetings, provides a picturesque setting that offers a peaceful break from the hustle and bustle of the show’s city life.

duke’s restaurant

Location: 99 E. 19th Street, Flatiron District

This lovely cafe, which serves as a hangout for the characters, is known for its traditional American cuisine and pleasant setting. It represents a more casual version of the Upper East Side’s refined lifestyle.

As you walk through these classic Gossip Girl filming locations, you are not only immersed in Blair and Serena’s stunning world; you are also feeling the core of New York City’s attraction. From the iconic Met stairs to the bustling Brooklyn Bridge, each location evokes a sense of elegance, drama, and flair. So gather your best friends, channel your inner Upper East Side, and immerse yourself in the glamor and splendor of NYC’s most memorable locations. After all, in the city that never sleeps, every corner contains a touch of the drama and excitement that made Gossip Girl such a thrilling show.

Maria Tineo

New School '27

NYU x Rolling Stone - Modern Journalism The New School - Journalism + Design Program