Rihanna’s Concert ft. The Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

The moment millions of fans have been waiting for, Rihanna’s live music hiatus has finally come to an end. Her performance at this year’s Super Bowl LVII is the first since her 2018 Grammy performance, and she did not disappoint! Fans, including yours truly tuned in to watch her 13 minute halftime show. Regardless of whom you were rooting for, The Kansas City Chiefs or The Philadelphia Eagles, her performance appealed to all audiences, whether you were watching it from the comfort of your home, a watch party, or the stadium. 

Scrolling through TikTok prior to her performance, there were so many speculations, and I think I can speak for most of us when I say she did an incredible job. It is only fair that we discuss some of the highlights, starting with her jaw-dropping red jumpsuit, her setlist consisting of her 12 most popular songs remixed, her stage set up, and her iconic but shameless Fenty Beauty promo!

Starting with “B*tch Better Have My money” and ending with the notorious “Diamonds,” the transitions between each song were perfect, and she never ceases to amaze me with her vocals. In addition, her stage setup had to have been one of the most extravagant ones I have seen in years on halftime shows— the tiered, floating stage and her backup dancers’ insane choreographed moves. Lastly, she managed to not only woo her fans with her solo performance but not so subtly promote her Fenty Beauty makeup line by touching up her makeup mid-show.

This was an all-around outstanding Super Bowl Halftime performance. The question I think many of us are wondering is, will there be an upcoming album on the horizon?

Malaury Bien-Aime

Providence '25

Hi!!! My name's Malaury, I'm a Sophomore, Polisci, and HPM double major, and I am happy to be here :)