The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

We are practically there everyone! There are only a few more weeks(hopefully days) until we put the 80 degree days behind us and embrace my favorite season of all time, the spooky season. Although I hate being scared I love this time of year, especially the decorations. I thankfully have a roommate that is super understanding of my decorating obsessing and here are some of my favorite finds to create a ‘spooky’ atmosphere in your dorm room, all within a college budget.

1. Walmart Door Sign ($10)

Halloween Too Cute Round Wall Decor Sign by Way To Celebrate 341a9899 d548 495c a749 c79fe606a2c7.450fc8557c515d32e05dfe29f2560e03

This sign is in fact way too cute to be scary! It is the perfect spooky season decoration to hang on your door or even on your wall. The sign is a great way to implement a cute fall decoration into your dorm room.

2. Target Decorative Pumpkins ($10)

GUEST fcc625f2 ac67 491b b4cd 4935b29c1d6c

A simple but easy way to decorate your space is this small collection of pumpkins from Target. Thankfully these pumpkins happen to match the theme of my room perfectly and are a great way to implement the sweater weather vibes without going all out spooky or scary. 

3. Target Ghost Throw Pillow ($10)

GUEST b1a3205a 8d27 421e a1fe 61d3dd5c4abb

Warning everyone! There is a cute ghost pillow just sitting in Target and I will not stop until I have one. I am obsessed with cute throw pillows whether it be as an addition to my pile on my bed or another pillow for our futon. I need this pillow and I know deep down it needs me. 

4.  Target Ghost Mug ($17)

F0405653 763B 4DC4 9963 B8F1A5434A4F 4 5005 c

There is no way  you can go wrong with this item, it checks every single box. A coffee mug? Check. A spooky coffee mug? Check. A spooky coffee mug that also gives off cowboy vibes? Absolutely check. A major hint toward my roommate, this is what you should put in my boo basket.

5. Amazon Pumpkin Light ($12)

pumpkin

I feel like I can never get enough light in my room. I am very much opposed to using the big light, so our room is covered in vine lights, lamps, and cute desk lights. We have so many but this one is an all time favorite of mine. Don’t tell my roommate, I fully expect this light to remain out and on until we move out in May. 

Kendell is a writer at the Her Campus Purdue University chapter. She's been a part of Purdue's Her Campus chapter since fall of 2023. Her favorite topics to write about include entertainment, the music industry and about her favorite experiences around campus. Beyond Her Campus, Kendell is a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Communications with a minor in History and Creative Writing. Originally from Noblesville, Indiana, she grew up visiting West Lafayette and loves the student life. In her free time, Kendell enjoys listen to music especially Taylor Swift. She is also really into reading and loves to talk about her latest reads, majority of which involve romance. She loves to bake and back home is known for her banana bread muffins, coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies.