FALLing in Love With These Shows This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

It’s that time of year again when we need to bring out the sweater and coats. Being cozy and bundled up is a priority this time of year. Sometimes all you need is to cuddle up with some blankets and some friends and binge a new series, or maybe rewatch an old one. Fall break is approaching fast, so here are the 5 best TV shows to watch in the fall.

1. Pretty Little Liars

Who doesn’t love a Pretty Little Liars moment? PLL is one of the most nostalgic TV shows. The dramatics, costumes, and music will send you right back to middle school. Pretty Little Liars tells the story of 4 high school besties as they attempt to solve the mystery of their group leader’s disappearance. Pretty Little Liars is the best show to binge on a lazy Sunday. I promise it will keep you on your toes.

1. Tell Me Lies

Now, if you are looking for a new series to kick off your fall season, this is the one. This series is jam packed with drama, sex, and mystery. This is definitely a more raunchy option. It tells the story of a toxic college relationship and follows the couple’s intense relationship. This show will leave you wanting more at the end of every episode and shocked at the end.

1. Gilmore Girls
Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

Gilmore Girls is the definition of a fall show. If you are looking for a classic, this is it. Gilmore Girls follows the story of a young mom and her teenage daughter as they navigate through life together. Gilmore Girls is a funny, lighthearted, feel-good show that’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face. It is perfect to rewatch during the fall.

1. Desperate Housewives

Desperate Housewives is one of those shows that you just can’t question or think that deeply about. The extremely thick plotlines will leave you flabbergasted. Desperate Housewives is a hefty show with 8 jam-packed seasons. This series follows the lives of 4 wives living in a picture-perfect community, which turns out to be anything but perfect. The suspense and drama is everything.

1. The Great

If you are into satire and history, The Great is the show for you. The Great follows Catherine The Great’s rise to power in 18th century Russia. This show had me laughing from start to finish. Very similar to Bridgerton, but with a comical twist. The Great is packed full of sex and I felt as though I was learning a little bit about history. This is a great pick for those that enjoy period romps.

Fall is such a beautiful time of year. It’s also the best time to cozy up to a great show and get to binging. I hope my list of the best fall shows helps you pick your next watch.

Tori Rytell is the events director at the Purdue University chapter of Her Campus. She serves as the club treasurer as well as the events coordinator. Tori writes about a variety of topics with focuses on self-care, beauty, entertainment, and relationships. Aside from Her campus, Tori studies political science and business communications with a minor in law and society. Tori is involved in Greek life on campus. In her free time, Tori loves to take her dogs Stella and Max on long walks, watch Netflix reality TV shows or Suits, and spend quality time with her friends.