Clueless
Clueless
Paramount Pictures
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

This semester has seemed to drag on forever, unfortunately and unbelievably it just became February. The workload and assignments just continue to keep piling up. The worst of it all, it’s still cold and cloudy outside. So, thanks to January being the longest month ever and it still being winter, I’m unable to go outside for a walk, to read or simply just feel the sun. Instead, I find comfort in the nostalgic early 2000s movies from my youth. Here are some of my favorite films if you need a pick-me-up tonight. 

10 Things I Hate About You: Available on Disney +

I love this film. It is always my go-to when I need a pick-me-up or even just want a comfortable night. This movie was my first experience with an enemies to lovers trope, which quickly became one of my favorites. Watching the banter between Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles during the entirety of the film always makes me happy. From the music and dancing to the romantic poetry and sweet moments, I love this film and hate the fact that it makes me cry everytime. 

Legally Blonde: Available on Max 

This movie is definitely one of the best feel good movies of the early 2000s. The film follows Elle Woods as she travels from LA to Harvard Law school. As you watch her struggles and major wins as she discovers just how talented she is, you can’t help but smile. Her joy and happiness is infectious and makes this movie such a comfort when you need a pick-me-up. Go ahead and enjoy this perfect day.

13 Going On 30: Available on Netflix: 

I watched this film for the first time when I was eleven and to this day I still get the same feeling watching it now. This movie follows Jenna, on her 13th birthday, wishing to be 30 and to her surprise is transported into her life at 30. The movie is so nostalgic and creates such a comfort as you watch a young girl find herself. This film is great for a relaxing self-care day.

Clueless: Paramount + 

Are you having a bad day? That’s way harsh. But a perfect way to brighten your day is Clueless. Watching Cher travel through her day to day life as a teenager in Beverly Hills never fails to make me laugh. Even the lighthearted/sadder moments of the film can bring me out of a bad mood. Overall this movie is great for a laugh.

Kendell is a writer at the Her Campus Purdue University chapter. She's been a part of Purdue's Her Campus chapter since fall of 2023. Her favorite topics to write about include entertainment, the music industry and about her favorite experiences around campus. Beyond Her Campus, Kendell is a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Communications with a minor in History and Creative Writing. Originally from Noblesville, Indiana, she grew up visiting West Lafayette and loves the student life. In her free time, Kendell enjoys listen to music especially Taylor Swift. She is also really into reading and loves to talk about her latest reads, majority of which involve romance. She loves to bake and back home is known for her banana bread muffins, coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies.