Style > Beauty

Listen to the stars for your next skincare product

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

With endless options for your daily skincare routine, it’s hard to narrow down the choices and pick what works best for you! For those looking for a new skincare product or to revamp their current routine, try the products that match your astrological sign. Zodiac signs are believed to help people understand their identity, and hopefully, these skin care items will help you understand what works with your skin.

Capricorn (December 22-January 19) 

An Earth sign that represents responsibility and is serious by nature, Capricorns won’t waste time with The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution. This brand is cruelty-free and transparent with its ingredients. The product gives these independent people a solution for congested pores, dullness, and skin irregularities. Capricorns are known to give their attention to the material world and get the most out of it, and this skin care product is meant to be used.

Aquarius (January 20-February 18) 

Aquarians are an air sign that constantly lose interest in something that once made their heart skip a beat; they always see what could be in the world. As people who live in the moment, Aquariuses must be paired with Glow Recipe Avocado Ceramide Moisture Barrier Cleanser that maintains their skin’s moisture. This product doesn’t allow this sign to waste any time with their skin needs.

Pisces (February 19-March 20) 

For a sign viewed as friendly, selfless, loving, and willing to help others, Non-Gender Specific Phytonutrient Concentrate is the product for this water sign. It is a skin oil that protects and restores the skin with botanical extracts. Though Pisces don’t expect much in return for their friendships, they can expect this skincare item to leave the skin feeling nourished without that heavy feeling some serums give.

Aries (March 21-April 19) 

This fire sign is known to be dynamiuc, full of energy, and competitive. They are always the one to get a head-start — whether for work or social gatherings with friends or a lover. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile, and Lavender is the perfect partner for an Aries. It provides these heated people with the holy grail of cooling and calming before they take action without thinking. This spray is a great match for sensitive skin as well, which is the needed TLC this hot-headed astrology sign deserves.

Taurus (April 20-May 20) 

Asarai Earth Tones Face Mask is the perfect skincare product for this Earth sign because it helps this sign stay grounded in its practicality and realism. This clay mask can provide Tauruses with earthy, natural anti-oxidants that are vital for brightening skin and keeping it healthy with those healing properties from the Australian Red Clay. This nourishing skincare mask will help Tauruses receive that love and beauty by turning to the material world with the physical pleasure of the mask.

Gemini (May 21-June 21) 

The sign that needs balance in its life, Geminis are known to have two different personalities, normally involving quick-witted expressiveness. To provide balance for this air sign, Geminis need MAC Hyper Real Serumizer Skin Balancing Hydration Serum. This serum is a hybrid just like Geminis, who are able to socialize light-heartedly while being ready for a thoughtful, serious conversation. It has ingredients to nourish the skin while retexturizing as well.

Cancer (June 22-July 22)

This water sign needs something that is PH balanced and cleans a person’s skin without removing the vital moisture needed to keep skin healthy. Cancers are people who care deeply about situations, just like they should care about how they wash their faces. Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser Kale + Green Tea Spinach Vitamins Age Prevention Cleanser gently cleans skin with a blend of nutritious botanical extracts to make your skin glow.

Leo (July 23-August 22) 

For a fire sign, sun protection is always a good way to go. With Sun Bum Sunscreen Face Mist, Leos will have that 30 SPF to protect their skin from dangerous UV rays. Leos are known to be natural-born leaders with traits like self-confidence, creativity, drama, and dominance. With moisturizing sun protection in a travel-sized spray bottle, nothing can stop Leos from going out in the sun with that antioxidant-rich banana ingredient. This helps keep the “king of the jungle” status quo without risking your beautiful skin to being malnourished.

Virgo (August 23-September 22) 

This careful Earth sign is known not to leave anything in life to chance. They give attention to the small details with a good sense of humanity. Virgos should be using Lilyana Naturals’ organic formula of Retinol Cream. This cream will help all Virgos from leaving any signs of aging to chance. It’ll give skin the attention to detail Virgos deserve with the nourishing, lightweight retinol cream.

Libra (September 23-October 23) 

Every Libra would benefit from Byoma De-Puff and Brighten Eye Gel multitasking formula since it is as light as this air sign. To address this sign’s need for balance, this eye gel is here to cool the dark and puffed under-eye area, bringing it back to life. Libras need company. Where there will always be peace, this skin care product is the desired partner to have to keep yourself cool and relaxed.

Scorpio (October 24-November 21) 

Ursa Major Golden Hour Recovery Cream is what every Scorpio water sign deserves in their bathroom’s skincare collection. Because Scorpios are resourceful and dedicated, this rich moisturizer is also dedicated to soothing inflammation while hydrating the skin. The product uses botanical ingredients like black currant and sea buckthorn extracts, as well as a blend of rose, calendula, and sandalwood.

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

Athena Club Dewy Body Lotion is the perfect item for this fire sign who needs a lightweight lotion with flora scents to moisturize and draw them back from all the heat radiating from their fire sign. Whether a Sagittarius chooses the grapefruit, rose vanilla, matchpoint yellow, or tropical bergamot scent, they can keep up the traveling with an energetic attitude. Keeping the open mind this sign is known for, this lotion has a powerhouse of ingredients to refresh the skin.

Listening to your specific astrology sign can help bring more meaning to your life. So when it comes to the life of your skin, make sure you try what your zodiac sign aligns with because, who knows, it could become the best product you’ve tried.

Amanda Clark

Rutgers '24

Amanda Clark is a senior attending Rutgers University—New Brunswick. She is a Journalism and Media Studies major with a minor in Creative Writing. Amanda is passionate about feminism and expanding her interests while getting more involved on campus. Amanda is looking for roles where she can grow and apply her interpersonal skills to build on her writing.