CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Style > Beauty

The Best Brown Girl Beauty Trends You MUST Try

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Hey, beauties! Let’s talk about the latest and greatest brown girl beauty trends that are taking the world by storm. Whether you’re a makeup enthusiast or just starting to dip your toes into the world of beauty, there’s something here for everyone. From the iconic brown lipstick and lip gloss combo to rocking blue eyeliner on the waterline to make those brown eyes pop, I’ve got you covered. And, let’s not forget about the magic of argan oil, a true lifesaver for my fellow curly-haired brown girls – seriously, it’s been a game-changer for taming those locks.

Lips

First up, let’s talk lips. Brown lipstick and lip gloss are absolute essentials in any brown girl’s makeup kit. Brands like Fenty Beauty and Pat McGrath Labs offer a stunning range of shades that complement our beautiful melanin-rich skin tones. Whether you’re going for a subtle nude or a bold, deep brown, these brands have you covered. Trust me, once you find that perfect shade, you’ll never look back.

Eyes

Blue eyeliner on the waterline might sound daring, but let me tell you, it’s a game-changer. It’s a simple yet striking way to add a pop of color that enhances the natural beauty of brown eyes. Brands like NYX and Urban Decay offer vibrant blue liners that glide on like a dream. Give it a try next time you feel adventurous with your makeup – you won’t be disappointed.

Hair

For my curly-haired queens, let’s talk about the magic of argan oil. This stuff is like liquid gold for our curls, providing much-needed moisture and definition without weighing them down. Brands like SheaMoisture and Mielle Organics offer top-notch argan oil products that have been a lifesaver for my hair. Trust me, a few drops of this stuff will have your curls looking and feeling their best.

Makeup

Lastly, let’s talk about the struggle of finding the perfect makeup shade. We’ve all been there – standing in the beauty aisle, swatching endless shades to find one that actually matches our skin tone. Thankfully, more and more brown and black beauty brands are stepping up to the plate. Brands like Beauty Bakerie and Juvia’s Place have made it their mission to offer inclusive shade ranges that cater to all skin tones. So next time you’re on the hunt for that perfect foundation or concealer, give these brands a try – you won’t be disappointed.

Brown girl beauty trends are all about celebrating and embracing our natural beauty. Whether it’s rocking a bold brown lip, trying out blue eyeliner, nourishing our curls with argan oil, or finding the perfect makeup shade, something is empowering about expressing ourselves through beauty. So go ahead, experiment, have fun, and remember – the most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.

Angelina is a passionate biological sciences major on the pre-med track with a keen interest in writing and journalism. When not immersed in academic pursuits, she indulges her love for romance novels, baking delectable desserts, and enjoying boba tea with friends. Her Fridays are often reserved for enjoyable outings with her close circle, reflecting her balanced approach to life!