Style > Beauty

Laneige Lip Balm Review

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Ointment-type lip balms don’t work for me as they stay on top of my lips for too long, preventing color absorption. Fresh Sugar Lip Balm has some success but runs out quickly, similar to Anastasia Brow Wiz, which I find too expensive. I was intrigued by the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask, a popular product from Sephora, and despite skepticism about the necessity of a separate mask for lips, I decided to test it out. 

The Ingredients:

The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask uses vitamin C, shea butter, and fruit extracts to soften and soothe lips. It uses Moisture WrapTM technology to create a mineral network of beta-glucans, keeping lips moisturized for up to 8 hours. However, it contains synthetic waxes and a slight fragrance. 

How Does it Feel: 

The product is colorless and has a texture ranging from thick moisturizer to silky balm. It’s typically applied at the end of a skincare routine, but a small amount is sufficient, even less than the amount needed for eye cream. The product is suitable for those who prefer a thicker, silkier texture. The scent is reminiscent of strawberry candy, not overly sweet but reminiscent of the Lip Smacker era, but it’s unlikely to be noticeable unless the jar is opened. 

The Effect: 

I frequently apply a large amount of lip balm, leaving residue on my lips even after a morning double cleanse. This is unusual as lips typically dry out immediately after cleansing. To maintain their softness and smoothness, I suggests wetting your lips a bit before applying makeup, a habit I admit is a bad habit. I suggest incorporating lip balm into their skincare routine to prevent this issue. The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask provides a moisturizing effect on the lips, preventing them from being trapped under a thin film of grease, and extending its moisturizing effect for several hours in the morning. However, those with sensitive lips should read the ingredient list thoroughly. 

Bottom Line:

This sleeping mask can be used as a lip balm throughout the day, providing moisture for chapped lips. However, it is too thick to layer underneath lipstick due to its barrier of moisture. It takes time to fully absorb and is difficult to apply due to its jar packaging. Despite its versatility, it is a rich treatment that may make it difficult for lipstick to cling onto. Therefore, it is not suitable for use under makeup. If you’re hesitant about investing in a separate lip sleeping mask, you can use your regular facial mask to hydrate your lips, which is a better alternative than using a drugstore lip balm out of obligation. This will provide better hydration and better overall lip care.

Laneige Lip Balm- http://Laneige Lip Balm Review- https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-sleeping-mask-P420652?skuId=1966258&icid2=products%20grid:p420652:productLaneige Lip Balm Review-

Abby is a VP Editor in Chief at HC@ SAU. She overseas the editors and editing articles. Beyond HC, Abby is involved in STEP. Abby is majoring in Human Performance and Fitness, Pre-Occupational Therapy. In her free time, Abby enjoys playing with her bunny, Lulu and going out with friends to get coffee. Fun fact: Lulu is our club mascot!