Style

10 Instagram Ideas to Make Your Summer Sizzle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Summer is the season of vibrant colors, outdoor adventures and unforgettable memories. It’s the perfect time to elevate your Instagram game and capture the essence of the sunny days ahead. Whether you’re lounging on the beach, embarking on a road trip or enjoying a backyard barbecue, there are endless opportunities to curate an Instagram feed that radiates summer vibes. Here are 10 Instagram ideas to help you make the most of the season and create content that will leave your followers longing for more.

1. Embrace Nature: Summer is all about spending time outdoors and connecting with nature. Take your followers on a virtual journey by sharing breathtaking landscapes, serene sunsets and lush greenery. Whether you’re hiking through the mountains, lounging by the lake or strolling through a sunflower field, capture the beauty of the natural world and let your surroundings inspire your content.

2. Beach Days: There’s nothing quite like a day at the beach to evoke feelings of relaxation and bliss. Share snapshots of sandy toes, colorful umbrellas and crystal-clear waters as you soak up the sun and embrace the salty breeze. Don’t forget to capture candid moments of laughter and joy with your friends and family as you build sandcastles, play beach volleyball or enjoy a refreshing dip in the ocean.

3. Summer Style: Summer fashion is all about breezy dresses, straw hats and vibrant patterns. Show off your personal style by sharing your favorite summer outfits and accessories, whether you’re rocking a floral sundress, a pair of denim shorts or a statement swimsuit. Experiment with different poses and locations to create visually stunning photos that showcase your unique sense of fashion.

4. Cool Treats: Beat the heat with refreshing summer treats like ice cream cones, popsicles and frozen cocktails. Capture the mouthwatering colors and textures of these delicious delights as you indulge your sweet tooth and satisfy your cravings. Whether you’re enjoying a classic scoop of vanilla or trying a trendy new flavor, share photos and videos that capture the joy of summertime indulgence.

5. Road Trips: Hit the open road and embark on an epic adventure with a summer road trip. Document your journey as you drive along scenic highways, explore charming towns and discover hidden gems off the beaten path. Share snapshots of roadside attractions, quaint diners and breathtaking vistas as you make memories that will last a lifetime.

6. Poolside Paradise: Turn your Instagram feed into a poolside paradise with photos of sun-kissed days spent lounging by the pool. Whether you’re relaxing on a floatie, diving into the deep end or enjoying a poolside cocktail, capture the essence of summer luxury with glamorous photos that showcase your poolside style.

7. Outdoor Dining: Take advantage of the warm weather by dining al fresco at your favorite restaurants or hosting a backyard barbecue with friends and family. Share snapshots of delicious meals, refreshing drinks and lively conversations as you savor the flavors of summer and enjoy the company of loved ones.

8. Summer Sunsets: There’s something magical about summer sunsets, with their warm hues and golden glow. Capture the beauty of the evening sky as it transforms into a canvas of vibrant colors, from soft pastels to fiery oranges and pinks. Whether you’re watching the sunset from a rooftop bar, a beachfront boardwalk or the comfort of your own backyard, share photos that capture the breathtaking beauty of nature’s grand finale.

9. Adventure Seeker: Fuel your sense of adventure by trying new activities and exploring unfamiliar places. Whether you’re kayaking through tranquil waters, camping under the stars or zip-lining through the treetops, document your adrenaline-fueled escapades and share them with your followers. Embrace the thrill of the unknown and inspire others to step out of their comfort zones and embrace life to the fullest.

10. Summer Festivities: From music festivals and county fairs to outdoor concerts and fireworks displays, summer is filled with festive celebrations that bring communities together. Share snapshots of the sights, sounds and excitement of these summer festivities as you immerse yourself in the local culture and embrace the spirit of summertime fun.

Summer is a season of endless possibilities, and Instagram provides the perfect platform to share your adventures with the world. Whether you’re soaking up the sun at the beach, embarking on a road trip with friends or indulging in delicious summer treats, there are countless opportunities to capture the magic of the season and curate an Instagram feed that reflects your unique personality and style. So grab your camera, embrace the beauty of summertime and get ready to make memories that will last a lifetime.

Paityn Billard is a Second- year member of the Her Campus at the SBU chapter. She plans on writing about literature, psychology of women, and anything else that comes to mind. Paityn is a currently a sophomore student studying Psychology. Aside from Her Campus Paityn is involved with the SBU Bowling Club and likes to spend her time at Mt. Irenaeus. She is heavily involved with her county's politics, such as campaign managing, and working for Oneida County Workforce Development. In her free time, Paityn enjoys reading, being outdoors, bowling, as well as hanging out with her family and pets at home.