Wellness > Sex + Relationships

6 Guys You Shouldn’t Date, Court or Marry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

If you’ve watched YouTuber Cody Ko’s “That’s Cringe” series or if you’re even a fan of the Christian Youtube channel, Girl Defined, you’ve heard of the six guys you shouldn’t date, court or marry. In their video, “6 Guys You Shouldn’t Date, Court, or Marry,” Girl Defined tackles dating and warns their viewers exactly which men to stay away from. However, as Cody Ko points out, this comes off as slightly misogynistic and, overall, just very unrealistic. 

However, Girl Defined did have a point that there are men you should do your best to stay away from, so here’s the real list of six guys you shouldn’t date, court or marry.

1. Mr. Talk

Mr. Talk is the guy who acts like he’s all that but, in reality, is nothing special. This man will take any opportunity to talk about himself. When you first meet him, he seems like he might live up to your expectation, but you’ll soon be disappointed by his inability to follow through on anything.

1. Mr. Anger

Mr. Anger is a man with a short fuse. He is overdramatic and will make you feel terrible for every minor inconvenience. I highly caution you to stay far, far away from this man.

1. Mr. Struggle

Mr. Struggle is not someone who’s going through it in life, despite what the name might make you think. He’s someone who struggles with necessities for a relationship, like communication and commitment. A relationship with this man will last at most two weeks, so you might as well not waste your time with him. 

1. Mr. Obsessed 

While it’s nice to have a guy who cares about you and will pay attention to you, Mr. Obsessed takes it a bit too far. He expects you to always tell him where you are and who you’re with. If he doesn’t have this information, who knows what he’ll do. He’s controlling over everything you do, so I recommend that you save yourself from the trauma and therapy and find someone else to go out with.

1. Mr. Pressure

Mr. Pressure is the typical douchebag in every teen movie that tries to get with every girl. He will make you feel like you need to give into everything he wants (especially sex) and make you feel bad if you don’t do what he wants. 

Pro tip: If a guy is making you feel like you’re moving faster in a relationship than you want to, ditch him because he is not the one for you.

1. Mr. Unsaved

While Girl Defined says that Mr. Unsaved is a man who isn’t Christian, he can also be someone who just doesn’t have morals. He treats you perfectly, but that’s about where that ends. He is terrible to everyone else around. For reference, if you ever hear a girl say, “Guys, I swear I can fix him. He’s not that racist. He just needs to be exposed to other cultures,” then she is dating Mr. Unsaved. 

While not all men are terrible, keeping an eye out for these six personalities might save you some serious trauma. Be aware of red flags in relationships and trust your gut. If you feel like something is off, trust your gut and end it before you’re put in a bad situation. 

Hi, I’m Kirti, President of HCSLU and a senior double majoring in Medical Sciences and Women & Gender Studies on the Pre-Med track. Outside of class, I enjoy reading, roller skating, and exploring new places.