Top 4 Spring Break 2014 Destinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

The month of February is soon coming to an end, so you know what that means… Spring Break is near! UT students have already begun booking hotel reservations and flights for their break which falls during the week of March 7, 2014 to March 16, 2014. Haven’t started planning yet? Have no worries, this list of Spring Break destinations will help you!

1. Panama City Beach, FL

If you’re looking for a 24/7 party destination then this is where you need to be.  Every year hundreds and thousands of college students flock to Panama City Beach, also known as the World’s Spring Break Capital. Luckily for UT students, it’s only a 6-hour drive away so you can road trip it with a group of friends. If you plan on staying in PCB for more than 3 days, then your best bet is to rent a condo on the beach. Homeaway.com has some good deals on condos.

2 .Miami, FL

“Party in the city where the heat is on, all night on the beach till the break of dawn.” See, even Will Smith knows that Miami is the place to be for Spring Break. No matter when you go to Miami, you’re always in for a good time, whether you’re chilling on South Beach or cruising down Ocean Drive. An event to check out on March 8th if you’re in town is Miami Jouvert, a Caribbean dance party that feature thousands of people covered in paint and water. There is so much to do in this city so your options are really endless.

3. Cancun, Mexico

I know I’m not the only one who used to watch MTV’s Spring Break on TV when I was a child, eager to be of college-age so I could partake in the festivities. Well this year you can. MTV is bringing their cameras to The Oasis Cancun Resort in Mexico. There will be some hot performances and surprise celebrity appearances. Studentcity.com has cool all-inclusive deals, which include round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, 24/7 food and drinks, VIP access to all the parties and much more! This is an event you don’t want to miss out on! 

4. Austin, Texas

Looking for a more laid back Spring Break destination? I mean we do go to school in Tampa so you might be all partied out. South by Southwest (SXSW) Music and Media conference is the world’s leading music industry event that is taking place on March 7th to March 16th.  Artists like Ab-Soul, Chance the Rapper, Gunplay, Mack Wilds, Nas, Mob Deep and so many more in various genres are scheduled to perform. The conference consists of music showcases, film screenings, and many parties. Visit sxsw.com to see if your favorite emerging artist will be performing and to purchase your tickets!

Whether you decide to celebrate Spring Break right here in Florida, or hop on a flight to a far off destination, just remember: have fun and stay safe!

Julia Egbe-Monthe is a Senior at University of Tampa majoring in Marketing and minoring in Criminology. Her love for fashion, pop culture, and all things UT is what inspired her to join Her Campus. She currently serves as an Editor for her HC chapter. Follow her on IG: @yeahju