This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

For a lot of people, the summer time is a time to be able to go to as many concerts as you’re economically capable of going to.  For the last few years, I have been one of those people who attempt to see as many of my favorite bands, and even some that I only just started to listen too. In my opinion, live music is the best recreational pass timeThe experience of seeing your favorite artist or band live creates new memories of the songs you already love, as well as creating a night full of fun memories.  After concerts, you try your best to find videos posted on YouTube, just to relive the night.  This summer no exception, with so many tours going on. Here’s a list of some to start talking to your friends about.

1)   Dave Matthew’s Caravan: Probably the concert I am  most excited about. After that they announced they  would not be touring this summer as Dave Matthew’s has done for the past few years, I was so disappointed. Being a huge Dave Matthew’s fan, the concert is always entertaining, and the set list constantly changing.  Twenty years later of being together,  as a group, the announcement was made of a 3-day 4-city concert experience.  Dave is headlining each night, but performances by Guster, The Flaming Lips, O.A.R, just to name a few.   Going on in Atalntic City from June 24-26, this caravan is sure to be one of the best tours this summer, however, tickets are almost $200, and only comes in the 3-day package, so if the set list seems perfect for your music type, try your best to save up.

2)   Adele: For me, the summer tour series will be starting May 13 at the Electric FactoryAdele is coming to America, her CD has been number 1 in the UK for 9 weeks, and has been on the billboard charts here.  If you have yet to hear , please go listen, I promise you will not be disappointed at all.  Her music speaks so well, and her voice is pure and stunning in every song.  Her concerts are simple,  just her, her voice, and her blunthilarious personality.  Her concert tour is going all over America.

3)   U2:  The 360 Tour has been rescheduled  for 2011 with some new dates. Those who were able to see this tour last year, know how amazing U2 is live.  It’s in a big arena, which means huge numbers filled with a stage that can do everything and the kitchen sink.

4)   Lady Gaga:  After seeing her live back in September, I could not believe how entertaining, fun, and amazing this show was.  She has the ability to make you feel like you are the only one in the crowd, even if you are one of thousands.  Besides being wildly entertaining with the stage, effects, and music of course, the best part is the costumes, on and off the stage.

5)   Taylor Swift and Katy Perry: These two will not be together, however, both concerts are going to be the same.  Huge arena, kind of expensive tickets, who knows how good they will be live, but they’re will be plenty of other things on stage to entertain you.  Both are extremely successful for their hits, and both are the Top Concerts on gotickets.com, and if you love them, go enjoy them live! 

6)   Country Pack– So I am not a big country fan, actually, I really do not enjoy listening to it at all however, the Susquehanna Bank Center aka Tweeter Center is great package deal you can buy one ticket to get into a bunch of the country shows that will be there this summer, called the Country Megaticket.  Those featured in this ticket is Sugarland, rad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, and the Rascal Flats.  If you love country, try to save up to buy the one big ticket, or to just be able to go to you’re favorites.

7)   Florence + The Machine:  Playing at Festival Pier at Penns Landing, Florence + The Machine has been a huge success this year.  With her catchy electronic songs, and her unique voice, this is one concert I’m personally excited for.  Besides being a show that will be wildly entertaining, being able to dance along to make it more of a “club” like show will be all the more fun.   

Overall, concerts are a lot of fun, however they can become expensive.  Also, sometimes crowds can get rowdy, and things can be not safe.  But  there is nothing like going to a live show. 

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!