This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

This cult classic is a stellar musical! I highly recommend not only watching the movie but seeing the musical (on which the movie is based) performed live. It’s a delectable treat that’s sure to leave you hungry for more! As for myself, watching this movie as a young teen validated my attraction for all genders, AKA I had crushes on most of the cast.

Dirty Dancing (1987)

80s movies are usually a hit or miss for me, but this one is a treasure! This is one of few movies, particularly for its time, that emphasizes a female sexual coming-of-age that’s empowering and inspirational. I love the chemistry of the leads in this film, and they still give me bi-panic to this day.

Edge of Seventeen (1998)

Watch this movie! I’ve yet to meet someone who’s heard of this movie, let alone watched it. This is another coming-of-age movie, but this time focuses on same-sex (male) relationships. It’ll make you laugh and cry, but the killer soundtrack makes up for the tears shed.

Justice Morris (she/her) is a second-year history and Mexican American Latino Studies double major at the University of Texas at Austin. She is also pursuing a Core Texts and Ideas certificate. Justice is a passionate writer; she enjoys sharing her thoughts on the arts, life as a college student, and her cultural experiences as a Chicana woman. You can find more of her work in The Liberator, the official publication of the College of Liberal Arts.