Emma Chamberlain And Tucker Pillsbury Finally Confirm Relationship: A Timeline

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Valentine’s Day this year was special for me due to one reason and one reason only: Emma Chamberlain and Role Model have officially confirmed their relationship status. The couple made the public announcement with a GQ photoshoot that left fans in shambles. Emma Chamberlain and Tucker Pillsbury, who goes by the stage name, “Role Model,” have left fans of both parties begging for a reveal the last couple of years, having only to rely on snippets of the pair in restaurants or posts from the same location as pieces of confirmation. So, can we get a timeline of the couple’s relationship, since it’s been such a mystery to the fans for so long?

october 2020

Role Model drops his EP, ‘Our Little Angel.’ At the same time, a paparazzi video starts circulating TikTok of Chamberlain and Pillsbury at a Mexican restaurant. A rumor starts that this new, up-and-coming artist is in fact the boyfriend of YouTuber, Emma Chamberlain, and the single, “Blind,” is written about her. At this point all we had were a couple of clips of the two hanging out in the same friend group and that “gold hoops–Prada fit,” line tying us to the fact the two were seeing each other. 

December 2020

Emma is spotted posing for pictures with fans in Portland, Maine during the holidays. Fans begin speculating even more knowing that Chamberlain’s family are natives of the Bay Area in California, but do you know who is from Maine? You guessed it!

June 2021

The pair are seen out together leaving ‘The Nice Guy’ in LA. The two hold hands at one point and exit the club together, yet avoid interacting with the press, as they are bombarded with questions from news sites like The Hollywood Fix, an account famous for following TikTok and YouTube celebrities. 

March 2022

Jump forward to March of 2022, Role Model drops “neverletyougo” and provides us with a clip from his music video on his Instagram. To the viewers’ shock, the clip features a brunette woman with a small frame, wearing a black puffer jacket and walking in a straight line. The woman is unmistakably Chamberlain. Up until now, the rumored couple had strictly not let each other publicly infiltrate their professional lives, and Pillsbury’s choice to include his gf in his music video for the first time was a huge indicator to fans that the pair might be going public soon.

Only a few days later, Chamberlain and Pillsbury attend the Vanity Fair Oscar Party. This is presumably the first event they’ve attended together as each other’s date!

October 2022

For Halloween this past year, both Pillsbury and Chamberlain’s Instagram accounts shared a picture dressed as the creepy twins from The Shining. Pillsbury’s post cropped the duo’s faces out, and Chamberlain’s post is more centered as a close-up of her with half of her bf’s body cropped out, face turned away from the camera. Despite the cropping and not directly tagging each other, the pair obviously have begun to loosen the reins on their once strict, ‘no-posting-each-other-on-social-media’ rule. The posts were definitely tasteful and on-brand with Chamberlain and Pillsbury’s social media aesthetic, while also showcasing the uniqueness of this couple. 

February 2023

Emma Chamberlain and Tucker Pillsbury finally make their relationship public on Valentine’s Day, dropping a collaborative GQ photoshoot, as well as participating in GQ’s ‘Couple’s Quiz,’ which has featured celebrity couples such as Megan Fox & MGK (RIP!), Alison Brie & Dave Franco, Winnie Harlow & Kyle Kuzma, and others. The pair’s decision to reveal their relationship to the world shows maturity and comfort. Chamberlain, who went on the Call Her Daddy podcast a year ago, wouldn’t even say how long she had been dating her current boyfriend at the time —that’s how private this was! Emma Chamberlain seemingly took a break from the internet for a while quite recently as well. After rising to internet fame practically overnight, Chamberlain has lived a pretty fast-paced life for the past few years. Her choice to take a break from YouTube life had fans worried, but it seems as though she’s returned more grounded, and is now trusting herself to live more authentically, which, to our delight, means including fans in her romantic life!

This feels like a long time coming for fans of the couple. Here’s hoping this relationship lasts forever&more!

Julia is a senior at the University of Connecticut, studying English and minoring in psychology. She is interested in teaching and also journalism.