This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

That dreadful time of year is coming up yet again.  Finals week.  If you’re anything like me, just the thought of class deadlines fast approaching gives you a slight panic attack.  Luckily, I have found a temporary relief for this anxiety.  It is a wonderful place called Petland!

If you’ve never been before, trust me, you need to find the time.  You walk in and there are animals everywhere, and the best part is that you can play with all of the puppies they have in the store!  Speaking from experience, I can say that I went in on one of the worst days of my week, and playing with one of the puppies in the store was a great break from school stress.  I mean come on, who doesn’t enjoy holding a fluffy bundle of excited energy?  It’s a breath of fresh air after being surrounded by pressures and responsibilities of work. 

Another added bonus is just a change of scenery.  Living in the dorms or an apartment near campus, it can be easy to fall into a routine of class, work, and then room.  Going to Petland allows you to take a mini-trip away from this scene to a place of joy!  Also, if you’re an animal lover, it’s hard to own a pet when attending college, and most apartments don’t allow pets anyway.  Well, problem solved!  Stop by Petland for an hour and get all the enjoyment of a pet without the immediate dedication that comes with actually owning one.  Enjoy the affections of a little puppy for an hour, and when you return to your work you’ll feel a lot less overwhelmed by everything to come. 

I am a student at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism with a double major in English. I have always loved to read and write. I am a member of Ed on Campus with Iowa and it is this group that has really sparked my interest in magazines. Once I graduate from Iowa I hope to be hired at a magazine corporation such as Meredith or Hearst.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.