This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Birthdays are the best, and so is free stuff. Here are 15 businesses around the Amherst area that combine the two to help us celebrate our special day.

Applebee’s

A free dessert, entree, or appetizer for members of their exclusive email club.

Bruegger’s Bagels

Inner Circle members receive a free Bagel with cream cheese.

Chili’s

A free dessert for Chili’s Rewards members.

CVS

Members of the ExtraCare program receive $3 in ExtraBucks during their birthday month.

Dunkin’ Donuts

Members of DD Perks get a free beverage of any size.

Famous Footwear

Members of Famously You Rewards are gifted $5 Birthday Reward Cash. Plus, you earn 2X points per dollar on all purchases during your birthday month.

Friendly’s

Members of the Sweet Rewards Club get a free medium sundae.

Herrell’s

Bring your ID to this local ice cream parlor for a free medium sundae.

McDonald’s

Joining MyMcDonald’s Rewards gets you a free Happy Meal on your birthday.

Moe’s Southwest Grill

Moe Rewards program members can enjoy a free burrito.

Panera Bread

Receive a free pastry, croissant, muffin, scone, sweet roll, or cookie if you are a member of MyPanera Rewards.

Sephora

Beauty Insider members can choose a free gift from their selected options. The current options include a NARS, LANEIGE, MOROCCANOIL, or Maison Margiela miniset. 

Starbucks

Offers one free beverage or one food item to Starbucks Rewards members.

Texas Roadhouse

With the purchase of an entree, you can enjoy a free appetizer or “sidekick of ribs.” You may also have to ride the mechanical bull while servers sing “Happy Birthday.”

Ulta

Ultamate Rewards members receive 2X the points throughout their entire birthday month, as well as a free in-store gift.

Make note that most of these freebies require an established account with the brand prior to your birthday in order to receive your gift. Start planning now to make the most of your birthday at UMass!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets! 

Autumn Delorey

U Mass Amherst '23

Autumn is a content editor for UMass Amherst's chapter of Her Campus. She is a junior Journalism major with a concentration in Public Relations.