This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

With December approaching fast around the corner, I’ve been listening to the old classic Christmas songs on my Spotify playlist. Nothing gets you into the Christmas spirit than blasting music in the car during your commute or in your room. With that being said, here are my favorite Christmas songs that will set the mood for Christmas!

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole

This song is the perfect song to listen to by a fireplace while sipping some hot chocolate. His jazz-like style of singing is suitable for coffee shops as it makes you feel cozy and warm listening to this song. You’ve probably heard this song in movies or in some other contexts because it ages like fine wine. Each year it gets better and better. 

Mistletoe by Justin Bieber

This song brings me back to the early 2010s when I listened to this with my family on roadtrips. Listening to this again years later makes me want to listen to this song with a significant other. This song is sweet and romantic, something that would appeal to both teenagers and young adults. Aside from that, this song is perfect for carpool karaoke with a bunch of friends.

Holly Jolly Christmas by Michael Bublé

Bublé’s voice is so sweet and warm, and it reminds me of when I used to play his songs and bake cookies during the Christmas season. I’ve always been a fan of his music; there’s something about his vocal tone that gets you drawn to his songs. It’s such a fantastic song and I’d highly recommend this song to anyone who hasn’t listened to it yet!

Overall, these are some of my all-time favorite songs that will most definitely get you in the groove for Christmas. I’ve always been a fan of these artists, and after listening to them again each year, I’ve grown to appreciate these songs even more. 

Chau Tran

UC Riverside '23

Chau is a writer for HerCampus at UC Riverside. She is currently a fourth year psychology major. She enjoys baking and journaling during her free time.