After the Final Rose: What Jenn’s Final Three Men are up to now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Even though it was my first time watching The Bachelorette, we can all agree that the season was a disaster from start to finish. From the men initially signing up to be there for Maria or Daisy’s Bachelorette season, to Jenn having to watch her proposal on live television with a man who broke up with her.

This season was one of the worst managed in the entire series. Jenn who was looking for love ended up getting a broken engagement instead. I could go on about the lengthy list of red flags in the season, but I will instead summarize everything that happened with Jenn’s final three men. More like all the drama that has come out after the show, in case you haven’t been as invested as I have these past few weeks.

Jonathon (my favorite)

Jonathon. I knew he wasn’t going to win, but in my heart he did.

He and Jenn had great chemistry both as friends and as a couple. They were giving best friends to lovers, especially once Jonathon began to open up to Jenn about his past. Even after not getting a rose before the final episode, Jonathon still tried to show up for Jenn in the live finale. He truly wanted to support her during a stressful time in her life no matter how Jenn felt about him. Even after the finale of the show, he still seems to be doing just that.

After the show ended, Jonathon and Jenn began to start posting flirtatious TikTok videos together to various audios on the app. With these, Bachelor Nation began to get excited and question if they had gotten together after all the chaos. A few days after the posts, Jonathon had gone on a podcast titled Viall Files. On the show, he clarified that he and Jenn are not together as Jenn is still figuring out her love life after the stress of the show and he is coping with not being the one she chose.

However, he also brought up that if she were to ever ask him on a date he would be very open to going out with her. Jenn herself went on the podcast a few days later to discuss her experience on the show and where she is at. She had mentioned that even though she thinks Jonathon is amazing, she needs a break from dating after the show and her engagement to process and heal.

Now Jenn is on Dancing with the Stars and guess who is sitting front row in every episode…Jonathon! He is still here supporting her regardless of their relationship status and he plans on continuing to do so. In an interview with Good Morning America, Jonathon said that he will be there every week to support Jenn on her journey with Dancing with the Stars.

Even though Jonathon has been cast for the next Bachelor in Paradise, I would be more than happy if he couldn’t go due to a relationship starting with him and Jenn. I am truly wishing the best for those two, no matter where the road takes them.

Marcus (the runner-up)

Marcus had done several things that had made me feel uneasy throughout the season, but I was shocked to discover the news that came out about him after the series wrapped. The entire season, he was posed as a reserved brooding type due to a tragic past in not only the armed forces but also within his family. He kept using this as a reason not to confess his love to Jenn until the final episode and she decided their time was up.

Throughout the season he never seemed to be fully invested in Jenn and kept using “I am trying” as an excuse. Despite being emotionally unavailable Jenn kept running to him. She even told Marcus she loved him but got no response back. After having Marcus meet her family Jenn realized that she was falling back into old ways of chasing men who didn’t want her, and she broke up with him before the proposal. In their conversation during the finale, they agreed that this breakup was the best for both of them and they both still respect and support each other.

Not too long after the finale, allegations against Marcus began to come up on multiple media outlets about his past behavior. On Reddit and Facebook groups, multiple women began to come forward and share their experiences with him. He is apparently “known in Raleigh” for his treatment of women. One Reddit post, which was confirmed real by moderators, confirmed his abuse of women, sharing that he had harmed her and had the proof to support her claim. She also shared that she had connected with various others who have been attacked by Marcus as well.

While there is still no solid proof, such as police reports or official screenshots, his character being revealed has put Jenn in an uncomfortable position. In an interview, Jenn answered questions regarding his past, stating she had no clue of these allegations and all she knows is how he was during their time together. She doesn’t seem to be curious to look into this as she is trying to move past her experiences this season.

Hopefully, if these rumors are true, the women involved can band together and demand justice from Marcus, as for Jenn, she is using her time to heal.

Devin (the ‘winner’)

What can I say about Devin that hasn’t already been said? From the start, I knew he only saw this show as a game and Jenn was the prize. Every time he fought with the other men or stole Jenn from group dates, I could see that all he cared about was Jenn picking him in the end.

However, he didn’t seem to genuinely care for her feelings and instead just wanted to flaunt to the other guys who weren’t picked. Devin was a textbook narcissist from day one and every episode I prayed he wouldn’t get a rose.

Somehow he made it to the finale and got the chance to propose to Jenn. Not only did Jenn pick him but she also proposed to him herself. During the proposal, his reactions felt insincere and he seemed to regret letting this relationship get too far. This was proved in the finale, as Jenn revealed that Devin had ended their engagement with her and broke up with her not long after.

Once they were launched back into the real world, Devin became distant, stopped trying to work on their relationship, didn’t keep promises he made on the show, and broke up with her on a 15-minute call. Jenn is rightfully upset with him and confronts him during the live finale. Devin pretended to act confused and denied Jenn’s accusations to protect his reputation, however, the public was finally able to see through this act.

The Bachelorette fans did some serious investigating after the finale and were able to uncover many disturbing details about Devin. He followed then unfollowed Maria (who everyone initially thought was going to be the Bachelorette this season) and had past posts that were homophobic and racist. He even posted a 13-minute video exposing his and Jenn’s breakup with private text messages between them to try to clear his name. The worst items discovered were a previous restraining order and an arrest record. 

Bachelorette fans were able to find that Devin had a restraining order against him due to his behavior and treatment of his ex-girlfriend. Devin had burglarized and wrecked her home, burned a restraining order in her driveway, verbally and physically abused her, and much more. Even an ex-friend of Devin confirmed all of these statements to be true and demanded justice for his dangerous behavior. With this news circulating in the media, Devin had tried to claim that he had never assaulted her, the restraining order charges were dropped, and they reconciled and ended on good terms. However, with many legal documents proving otherwise, no one seems to be on Team Devin anymore.

After a disastrous season and finale, the public is demanding justice for Jenn and for producers to take better care of their Bachelors and Bachelorettes. So many questions from this season remain up in the air after the events that transpired. How did they cast Marcus and Devin with their outstanding allegations? How was the media able to find out this information about the two men, while the producers claim they “didn’t know”? Will Jenn and Jonathon ever end up together?

Personally, I’ll keep up with social media to see if any answers ever come up. For now, though, I wish the best of luck to Jenn on not only finding love but also her run on Dancing with the Stars.

Jasmine is a Writer for the Her Campus UCF. She in her sophomore year studying Lodging & Restaurant Management and is working to get her Beverage Certificate. In her free time she loves to play with her dog, bake and cook for her friends and obsess over her favorite musical artist.