Top 5 Study Spots on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Where to get your study on

It’s that time of semester again. Time to forget about all things pertaining to a social life, good eating habits and grooming and instead focus on how to memorize half a semester’s worth of arbitrary information in a 24-hour timespan. That’s right collegiates, midterms are just around the corner, and it’s time to prepare yourselves for the mayhem that is surely to come. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to study in your bedroom, because the first step to success is finding a study environment that’ll keep you productive for hours on end. To help you out, I’ve compiled a list of some study hot spots in Athens that will get you going in the right direction.

Lamar Dodd Art School: Hustling to the Miller Learning Center can be a pain. Instead head on down to the art school for some intense studying. This hidden gem comes equipped with computer labs and comfy chairs. Bonus: Its only a few steps from Ike & Jane in the GMOA!

Two Story Coffeehouse: A quaint study environment located at 5 Points with two available stories (hence the name) of study space. Be prepared to throw down for cup of coffee in case you’re noticed.

Science Library: Recently renovated and under the radar, this place is quiet, empty and extremely spacious, even if you’re not into the whole science thing. A bit inconvenient for those living closer to North Campus, though.

Tate Student Center: Don’t let the daytime crowds fool you, this place clears out when it gets dark. Includes hundreds of empty tables and chairs great for solo or group studying. Take note: Barberitos closes at 8.

Walker’s Coffee and Pub: A daytime venue located on College Avenue with a relaxing environment and plenty of food for thought. Don’t plan on staying too late – they trade the coffee in for beers and shooters once the sun goes down.